McCain: Stupid, Insensitive or Evil?

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
So, whaddaya all think about John McCain's little failed joke this week? Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran and all that. No doubt it begins in five minutes.

I think he's already sunk his chances of ever becoming president but I still sent in my twenty five bucks to MoveOn.org, just to help put another hole in the hull.

I think it was a joke that fell flat on most Americans, I believe it was a STUPID joke, but a joke none the less.

I think McCain is getting oldtimers.

I lost all respect for McCain when he threw his lot into the war basket.

the thing I found most telling, was not McCain's idiotic little joke. That was simply sophomoric.

I found the audience reaction very telling. Here you have a crowd of republican chickenhawks - who should be serving in their war in Iraq - and here is their reaction to the audience member's question (paraphrased):

question: "Senator McCain, why aren't we bombing Iran already?"

(audience breaks out into applause and laughter)

Why are these people so anxious for war? If they are so ready and anxious for the bullets to be flying, why are they sitting in a town hall forum yucking it up, when our army desperately needs them to be doing foot patrol duty in Baghdad?

Last edited:
But you like the McCain_Feingold Nazi Bill?

What would YOU have done to try to correct the situation where only those that have a kazillion dollars can get a president elected?

Now that mccain feingold has been in for a while, I can see SOME benefits from it...

it has lead the "every day" individual to a means that allowed them to participate with their own contributions to different organizations on the left and right...move on . org for one, that with their many contributors...from the "every day Joe", they are able to influence politics to a degree....

and donors to people like Obama are actually getting a voice for a change and even though the law only "indirectly" makes this happen by making these type of organizations more important as money raisers today because of other "money raising means" being cut out due to the new CFR, I still view these as possitive things to come out of, though indirectly, McCain Feingold.

care

Lighten up and get a life.
LMAO! Yeah, I remember saying much the same thing when the right-wing mainstream press crucified Dean for something far less stupid than this. Then, as I recall, I said much the same again for a certain failed joke by John Kerry, which, once again, the corporate owned, Republican leaning mainstream press blew all out of proportion.

Where's the outrage over McCain's slipup? Nowhere to be found, because the mainstream media swings Republican, and has for at least 20 years.

All thinking people know that the mainstream press is right-wing biased. Here's just one more illustration of this fact.

In times past the news organizations were a public service as a requirement of TV stations getting liscences. Now it is all about money, and who controls most of the money. Also in recent years the number of interests controlling the media have dropped down to about 7 from something like 37....

What would YOU have done to try to correct the situation where only those that have a kazillion dollars can get a president elected?

Now that mccain feingold has been in for a while, I can see SOME benefits from it...

it has lead the "every day" individual to a means that allowed them to participate with their own contributions to different organizations on the left and right...move on . org for one, that with their many contributors...from the "every day Joe", they are able to influence politics to a degree....

and donors to people like Obama are actually getting a voice for a change and even though the law only "indirectly" makes this happen by making these type of organizations more important as money raisers today because of other "money raising means" being cut out due to the new CFR, I still view these as possitive things to come out of, though indirectly, McCain Feingold.

care

The law doesn't prevent rich individuals from using their money on their own campaign. It only prevents rich donors. That's why most P-VP tickets have at least one super-rich guy on them, and also why the independent vote has been declining. It's also been a large factor in the rapidly increasing incumbency rates. The incumbents snowball up funds for decades, and there's no way any challenger can arise and get enough money to challenge that in any time at all, because donations are limited to 2000. It's been somewhat of a running joke that McCain and Feingold just made the bill so that they wouldn't have any challengers anymore. It's made them into senators for life.

In times past the news organizations were a public service as a requirement of TV stations getting liscences. Now it is all about money, and who controls most of the money. Also in recent years the number of interests controlling the media have dropped down to about 7 from something like 37....

If every TV station were required to go through the expense of setting up their own news team, there would probably be only one local TV station in my area. That TV station already has a news team. The other channels are less popular, but survive because of their small bases, like the Fox-UPN station here that mainly caters to black viewers.

If every TV station were required to go through the expense of setting up their own news team, there would probably be only one local TV station in my area. That TV station already has a news team. The other channels are less popular, but survive because of their small bases, like the Fox-UPN station here that mainly caters to black viewers.

Yes. It's all very logical. But the point is that the consolidation leads to a fewer number of people controlling a greater share of the content. THAT is not ideal.

And lets not forget that Regan did away with the "Fairness Doctrine" which further enabled the buying of the news.

So, whaddaya all think about John McCain's little failed joke this week? Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran and all that. No doubt it begins in five minutes.

I think he's already sunk his chances of ever becoming president but I still sent in my twenty five bucks to MoveOn.org, just to help put another hole in the hull.

I sincerely believe that John McCain is in the early stages of alzheimers. I'm not worried about him becoming President though. Not that I don't think that Americans would line up to vote for him. They've proved they love nothing more than both natural-born fools, and those who got there the hard way.

But he won't be the candidate, and I personally don't believe that the eventual nominees of both parties, have even announced yet.

I agree with Darla. Early announcement is almost always one way to determine who will not be the candidate.

Back