McDonalds Math; $5hr raise for all 1 million employee's and get $45billion in profit

Last edited:
it's actually 10.4 billion if we assume 40 hr week and 52 weeks. No vacation for Mcd's employees.

But the entire premise is wrong? they only made 5.5 billion?

LOL

An hour....................

I missed a dot when speed reading (same topic I was wrong about last time, mainly because I don't care that much)

People are going to remember this one forever........."HE MISSED A DOT, OH YEA, HE MISSED A DOT, OH YEA, HE WAS WORKING AND READING OH YEA, WE'RE SO SMART, OH YEA"

I admitted earlier that I was pre-occupied when doing the math and asked if I could be corrected if I was wrong. I said I would admit it if I was wrong. The only idiots in politics are the ones who can't admit when they make a mistake, like the Right Bangers. I simply didn't see the dot between the 5's.

You are the one lecturing everyone. You desrve ridicule for such a grossly incompetent mistake. Your entire premise rested on the figure you inflated by 1000%

Now we can all see that the people who advocate raising minimum wage to 15/hour are inept at making economic assessments.

I missed a dot when speed reading (same topic I was wrong about last time, mainly because I don't care that much)

People are going to remember this one forever........."HE MISSED A DOT, OH YEA, HE MISSED A DOT, OH YEA, HE WAS WORKING AND READING OH YEA, WE'RE SO SMART, OH YEA"

I admitted earlier that I was pre-occupied when doing the math and asked if I could be corrected if I was wrong. I said I would admit it if I was wrong. The only idiots in politics are the ones who can't admit when they make a mistake, like the Right Bangers. I simply didn't see the dot between the 5's.

It is a bit more than just a mistake that $5 an hour actually ends up as a thumping great loss of $5 billion rather than the $45 billion profit you were claiming. I hope you don't get a job as an accountant. Another thing that you neglected to mention is that McDonalds is about 75% franchisee run anyway.

McD's makes a profit of $5500 for each employee.

The employee would make a profit of $15600 based on 40 hr/wk @ $7.50/hr

Let's discuss the fairness using real numbers.

I agree, often people jump on the mistake instead of looking at the point - McD's made 5 billion or more in net revenue; seems like some of that could be shared by their employees.

As other posts on this site have shown, when you pay people money, they tend to do a better job.

As my link showed, profits are up, but wages aren't -
The pay gap separating fast-food workers from their chief executive officers is growing at each of those companies. The disparity has doubled at McDonald’s Corp. in the last 10 years, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-12/mcdonald-s-8-25-man-and-8-75-million-ceo-shows-pay-gap.html

This is just another example of the growing pay gap in our country, and it's weakening our country.

http://business.time.com/2013/08/29/fast-food-companies-can-afford-to-pay-their-workers-more/

Profit margins for privately held fast-food companies are 4.6%, up from 2.1% in 2009
Revenues over the past year are up 12.1%, following a 8.4% increase the previous year
The percentage of revenue spent on payroll has decreased from 23.5% to 22.9%
That being said, a profit margin of 4.6% isn’t huge. At least, it’s not the sort of profitability that would allow most firms to double their wages. But it does show that whatever success these companies are having, they aren’t sharing it with employees.

And this isn’t just a problem with the fast-food industry.

Mother fucker, I'm trying to patent that shit as we speak.

Hmmm,

http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/11/burger-making-r.php

Over the last few decades, the fast food industry has remained a bulletproof option for the low wage worker, but thanks to robotics those days appear to coming to an end. A new device promises to revolutionize the fast food world while delivering high-quality meals, Rube Goldberg style.

A company called Momentum Machines has designed a robotic burger maker called Burgeon designed to replace short order cooks in fast food restaurants. The company claims that the Burgeon can make up to 360 burgers per hour. And, in case there's any doubt about the intention of the device, the company's message, posted on its website, is clear, "Our alpha machine replaces all of the hamburger line cooks in a restaurant. It does everything employees can do except better."

Of course, the Burgeon doesn't appear to account for the human skill of actually creating a "tasty" burger, but the company claims that the machine can stamp out beef patties, grill the meat, toast the buns, and even apply pickles, tomatoes, and condiments. The company doesn't show off much of the Burgeon burger bot on its site, but during a recent tour given to the Mercury News, the team offered a rare close-up look at the machine.

The fact that this development is occurring right around the time that U.S. fast food workers have launched the biggest wage protest in the history of the industry doesn't bode well for the future of the usually solid gig. Future versions of the Burgeon will be designed to reduce the burger-making time down to 10 seconds per burger.

Via MercuryNews

Back