Meat eaters are sexier !

uscitizen

Villified User
Are vegetarians less attractive?

by Jonathon Morgan
Nov 14th 2007 @ 4:38PM

As you're probably aware, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is obsessed with linking vegetarianism and sex. Their campaigns are like 1990s beer commercials -- insinuating that by drinking Budweiser dropping meat from your diet that you look like their uber-sexy, mostly-naked supermodel spokesperson.

So it's not surprising that they held a contest for Europe's Sexiest Vegetarian. But take look at the winners (or view the gallery below) -- what gives? Sure, they're OK looking, and their choice to abstain from meat means they're not contributing to factory farming, and thus reducing their carbon footprint -- which is awesome. However, if these are the two sexiest people the European vegetarian community has to offer, what does that say about vegetarians in general?

Unsure? Take a look at the rest of the "finalists." It seems that a) consuming meat makes you more attractive, b) the best looking people don't love animals enough to stop eating them, or c) PETA didn't try very hard with this contest.

Again, going veggie is great -- for you, the world's bovine population, and (most importantly) the planet. But, if this contest is any indication, don't be surprised if your meat-free lifestyle has a negative effect on your sex life. Then again, when you look at this list of sexy celebrity vegetarians, it's a different story. In any case, here's the rest of the PETA finalists.

http://www.greendaily.com/2007/11/14/are-vegetarians-less-attractive/

I've basically stopped eating red meat, chicken, and pork. I still eat seafood occassionally. I'm like a pseudo-vegetarian now. And I feel tons better and healthier. :)

I've basically stopped eating red meat, chicken, and pork. I still eat seafood occassionally. I'm like a pseudo-vegetarian now. And I feel tons better and healthier. :)

I just can't do it. Burgers are great, ham is just devine, italian hoagies......mmmmmmm.........and nothing beats a great steak with a fabulous sauce........and chicken fried, marsala, in pasta, in chinese food, on Caeser salads..........

Basically, my life would totally be incomplete without meat.

i aint got nothing aginst vegers. but what gets me is that they try to make their veggies look like meet... whats up with that ???? a veggie burger ish whats wrong with normal veggies ?

I just can't do it. Burgers are great, ham is just devine, italian hoagies......mmmmmmm.........and nothing beats a great steak with a fabulous sauce........and chicken fried, marsala, in pasta, in chinese food, on Caeser salads..........

Basically, my life would totally be incomplete without meat.

lol....I'm associating you with the infamous Homer Simpson drool sound, as you write this. :)

Pasta is awesome. Rice, cous-cous, tabouli, humus - Muy bueno. I love grilled salmon, bass, and trout.

But, I never could hang with farm animal carcases that much. Although for some reason, I always loved those Easter honey baked hams. I still kind of have a hankering for those. :)

i aint got nothing aginst vegers. but what gets me is that they try to make their veggies look like meet... whats up with that ???? a veggie burger ish whats wrong with normal veggies ?

Ugh. They just creep me out. Get a portabellow mushroom already and call it a day. My boyfriend bought some a few weeks ago and I just get a tiny bit nauseous thinking about them.

lol....I'm associating you with the infamous Homer Simpson drool sound, as you write this. :)

Pasta is awesome. Rice, cous-cous, tabouli, humus - Muy bueno. I love grilled salmon, bass, and trout.

But, I never could hang with farm animal carcases that much. Although for some reason, I always loved those Easter honey baked hams. I still kind of have a hankering for those. :)

mmmm ham... one of the best meats out there

Ugh. They just creep me out. Get a portabellow mushroom already and call it a day. My boyfriend bought some a few weeks ago and I just get a tiny bit nauseous thinking about them.

lol... nasty... mushrooms are gross

Not tonight...........

mmmmm nice big fat and jucie T-bone... i think it dinner time

Prime rib with mashed potatoes,lotsa garlic and butter and country brown gravy...maybe Broccli with cheese sauce...then again a good old fashioned double cheese burger sounds good too...I am so getting hungry! Lady T may tick me off on politics but the lady sure knows her food! You too bob!

A good quality, grilled tofu is awesome. Ever had tofu chile? Its actually pretty awesome.

Oh christ, now I'm hungry.

Yum, portabello mushroom. I had a grilled protabello mushroom sandwhich, with grilled red pepper and sprouts last week. Paradise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
i aint got nothing aginst vegers. but what gets me is that they try to make their veggies look like meet... whats up with that ???? a veggie burger ish whats wrong with normal veggies ? [/QUOTE]

Ugh. They just creep me out. Get a portobello mushroom already and call it a day. My boyfriend bought some a few weeks ago and I just get a tiny bit nauseous thinking about them.

I'm allergic to both mushrooms and shellfish. Just thinking about either makes my stomach almost spasm. We eat mostly chicken (but from the butcher, the supermarket chicken has that sodium phosphate injected in and it's gross) and fish (salmon and trout mostly, occasionally tuna). Once in a while we'll indulge in a steak. Lots of fresh veggies.

I agree with bob; why make something that's just "pretend meat"? Tofu burgers are a laugh -- and one chemical found in soya apparently inhibits calcium absorption. It's possible -- tricky but possible -- to get the protein you need in a vegetarian diet, but we have evolved as omnivores, so the protein isn't optional. Meat is easier.

A good quality, grilled tofu is awesome. Ever had tofu chile? Its actually pretty awesome.

my mother used to make me eat tofu... i felt like i was eating lard wipped into a jello... you couldnt force that stuff down my throt now

LOL. I totally was thinking about what I'm having for dinner tonight. Ironically it wasn't a meat filled meal, but a meal nonetheless. I'm actually allergic to bony fish but I can however eat shell fish, so my fish options are pretty limited.

Rice - Love it (with meat especially)
Cous-cous - hate it because of the consistency
humus - love it
Risotto- see cous cous
ditto on the ham! :D

i love beef.. i usaly eat stake atleast 3-4 nights out of the week, mostly t-bones or porter houses..its a good thing i know a few beef ranchers otherwise i would be broke

but you cant have a stake dinner and call it a good dinner without some sort of veggie... the fresher the better... i dont know what i would do without corn and greanbeans

lol... nasty... mushrooms are gross

What? Have you had a nice juicy grilled portabello. I used to think that but I suggest next bbq you go to, pop one on the grill and have with your steak. Delicious!!!!!!!!

I make a killer portabello & wine sauce over a filet mignon.

i love seafood... crablegs.. lobster, seabassmmmmm the list goes on.... i think i am going to have to abandon this thread... getting way to hungry

Back