Mexico is charging foreigners at the U.S.-Mexico border crossing

How far from the border did you go?

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

We have been as far as southern Mexico, close to the border with Guatemala. What that person was referring to is a simple immigration form, not a visa. A visa is a formal document that you must apply to a consulate or embassy for and get approved. The immigration form just asks how long you will be in country, where you will be staying and whether your trip is business or pleasure.

A similar, but slightly different form, is required when you return to the US.

U.S. citizens intending to work and live in Mexico need to apply for the appropriate visas at the Mexican Embassy or a Mexican consulate in the United States. A visa is required for stays longer than 180 days or for travelers entering the country for purposes other than tourism or business.

U.S./Mexico Passport Travel Requirements | USA Today

traveltips.usatoday.com/us-mexico-passport-travel-requirements-21010.html

I find it hard to believe that Tom really started this thread.

You fucking idiot...Mexico is not paying for the wall anymore than the Donald has a secret plan to defear ISIS in 30 dats.

And here I thought you were smart but misguided. How disappointing.

A visa is required for any Mexican citizen visiting the United States. In addition, an entry permit is required for Mexican visitors traveling beyond the immediate border area. Other nationalities, please visit a U.S. Consulate or Embassy before traveling to the United States.
Travel to the USA - the New Mexico Border Authority

www.nmborder.com/Travel_to_the_USA.aspx
So in what alternative world would you imagine that I wouldn't know that?

We have been as far as southern Mexico, close to the border with Guatemala. What that person was referring to is a simple immigration form, not a visa. A visa is a formal document that you must apply to a consulate or embassy for and get approved. The immigration form just asks how long you will be in country, where you will be staying and whether your trip is business or pleasure.

A similar, but slightly different form, is required when you return to the US.
It is a visa, in all but name. The fact that there is no charge, currently anyway, and free from bureaucracy is not the point.

I find it hard to believe that Tom really started this thread.

You fucking idiot...Mexico is not paying for the wall anymore than the Donald has a secret plan to defear ISIS in 30 dats.

And here I thought you were smart but misguided. How disappointing.

This person is on Havana Moon's kunt list.

The money is for processing.. Too many Americans with warrants out on them going to Mexico.

Mexican immigration officials are preparing to step up enforcement of a rule stipulating that foreigners present passports when entering Mexico and that those on business or who plan to stay for more than a week pay a 330-peso fee, about $19.

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-border-crossing-20150826-story.html

When I go to Vietnam, Laos or Cambodia you get the visa at the border crossing or airport.

Depends on the country.

Upon your actual arrival to the country you’re going to have another stamp on your passport. This can be a work permit, a residence permit or a temporary entry permit that’s most likely issued to temporary traveling tourists or visitors.

In most cases, these permits have very limited expiry dates and most of them immediately expire once you leave the country where you procured such. All permits are the bureaus on immigration’s endorsements that mostly expire before your visa expires.

You really must be mindful to renew or secure permits prior the expiry date of your visa or get yourself out of that country before the visa expiry. Not doing such will give you sanctions that can even blacklist you from entering the country ever again.

Take note, if ever you have both the visa and the permit then you are therefore protected by international and local laws because you can legally stay in this country depending on the terms stated in the visa and permit of course.

Read more: Difference Between Visa and Permit | Difference Between http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/difference-between-visa-and-permit/#ixzz5AfuNVRIs

It is a visa, in all but name. The fact that there is no charge, currently anyway, and free from bureaucracy is not the point.

Learn what you are talking about. Its just an immigration form. Since you know nothing about it other than what some stranger posted, maybe read something before shooting your big mouth off

Learn what you are talking about. Its just an immigration form. Since you know nothing about it other than what some stranger posted, maybe read something before shooting your big mouth off
Holy crap, you do that virtually every bloody day without fail, physician heal thyself.

Different story when Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama voted for the Secure Fence Act in 2006, no doubt!

The POINT that you seem to be missing is even if they voted for it they weren't demanding another country pay for it.

Back