Mississippi

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
So I was in Mississippi on Friday and I must say it was not what I expected. I went to Bay St. Louis for lunch and chilled on the beach for awhile. Everyone was super friendly, the homes and yards were well-kept (despite the fact that they were flooded with 10 feet of water only a week prior), and the food was amazing.

Louisiana, by contrast, was the most revolting place I have ever visited in my life. Wherever I went (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few pit stops here and there), it smelled like an open sewer. The streets were filthy and there wasn't a drop of good beer to be found. The food was the only redeeming quality. I don't know how Topspin can continue to live in such a godforsaken state.

So I was in Mississippi on Friday and I must say it was not what I expected. I went to Bay St. Louis for lunch and chilled on the beach for awhile. Everyone was super friendly, the homes and yards were well-kept (despite the fact that they were flooded with 10 feet of water only a week prior), and the food was amazing.

Louisiana, by contrast, was the most revolting place I have ever visited in my life. Wherever I went (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few pit stops here and there), it smelled like an open sewer. The streets were filthy and there wasn't a drop of good beer to be found. The food was the only redeeming quality. I don't know how Topspin can continue to live in such a godforsaken state.
Cause New Orleans has some of the hottest women in the United States.

Mississippi = conservatives

New Orleans = liberal free loaders

Not much more complicated than that

Finding good beer in New Orleans shouldn't have been impossible. I love that city for the food, history and architecture.

But yeah, its a nasty place, especially in the summer heat. Hit it in the winter or spring. Can't beat a beignet at Cafe du Monde, and the coffee is amazing.

Finding good beer in New Orleans shouldn't have been impossible. I love that city for the food, history and architecture.

No IPAs anywhere. Just Bud Light, Miller Light, and other mass-produced beers. The only beer even remotely palatable was Blue Moon.

But yeah, its a nasty place, especially in the summer heat. Hit it in the winter or spring. Can't beat a beignet at Cafe du Monde, and the coffee is amazing.

Cafe du Monde was pretty good - I went there for breakfast the morning I left. The beignets were great. The coffee tasted like it had no coffee it in, though - just steamed milk.

No IPAs anywhere. Just Bud Light, Miller Light, and other mass-produced beers. The only beer even remotely palatable was Blue Moon.

Cafe du Monde was pretty good - I went there for breakfast the morning I left. The beignets were great. The coffee tasted like it had no coffee it in, though - just steamed milk.

Next time you are there get the espresso or ask for a coffee with chicory (they have 2 or 3 varieties). I don't drink coffee with anything in it, so the americano stuff is never on my list. But yeah, the beignets are the best.

You really should perhaps contrast Biloxi to big cities in Louisiana, not a small town like Bay St. Louis. Take a walk down Division street and tell me how much you like it afterwards. Also, you really should try walking up into the beach "water". All of the beaches around the area are man made, they used to be nothing but marsh. And they still consist of muddy, nasty marsh water, of the dead stuff that floats in between the beaches and the barrier islands that shield the place from the Gulf of Mexico (also why you only get half a foot waves and such in the area.

Well, it was only a month or two ago that we were even allowed to sell beers above 5% ABV. And it was changed to 8%. I don't believe there is a limit in Louisiana - they have crazily liberal alcohol laws.

i love the central coast

I love the parts of the central coast that aren't supposed to be marshes and aren't shielded from any decent parts of the ocean by barrier islands. The coast of Mississippi should, rightly, be like the coast of Louisiana - a bunch of shitty marshes and bayous. You have to go further east or muuuuuccchhh further west.

I love the parts of the central coast that aren't supposed to be marshes and aren't shielded from any decent parts of the ocean by barrier islands. The coast of Mississippi should, rightly, be like the coast of Louisiana - a bunch of shitty marshes and bayous. You have to go further east or muuuuuccchhh further west.

your dry humor is dry.

the central coast of cali is heaven on earth.

Back