Mississippi

Well, it was only a month or two ago that we were even allowed to sell beers above 5% ABV. And it was changed to 8%. I don't believe there is a limit in Louisiana - they have crazily liberal alcohol laws.

Reason enough to leave MS as soon as humanly possible. I suggest MI as the micros here as some of the best in the world.

So I was in Mississippi on Friday and I must say it was not what I expected. I went to Bay St. Louis for lunch and chilled on the beach for awhile. Everyone was super friendly, the homes and yards were well-kept (despite the fact that they were flooded with 10 feet of water only a week prior), and the food was amazing.

Louisiana, by contrast, was the most revolting place I have ever visited in my life. Wherever I went (New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and a few pit stops here and there), it smelled like an open sewer. The streets were filthy and there wasn't a drop of good beer to be found. The food was the only redeeming quality. I don't know how Topspin can continue to live in such a godforsaken state.
New Orleans is a 24 hour party. I love it. I've had a lot of fun there.

Back