Molester blames wife's bingo habit

I think you are fighting a strawman with me LadyT. I don't equate 'Stress' with 'Pedophilia'. I beleive I've stated multiple times now that he deserves whatever he gets. I too agree that these are two seperate problems, but they BOTH effect the kids that are the real victims.

No strawman here. I know exactly what you said. I know you've stated he should be locked up. What I'm shocked at is the fact that you actually had sympathy for the guy for repeatedly and intentionally breaking the law and his daughters spirits. And that somehow her gambling problem contributed to him doing this. I don't think so one bit. I think he was an opportunist who would have done it whether she went to play bingo or whether she was working.

No strawman here. I know exactly what you said. I know you've stated he should be locked up. What I'm shocked at is the fact that you actually had sympathy for the guy for repeatedly and intentionally breaking the law and his daughters spirits. And that somehow her gambling problem contributed to him doing this. I don't think so one bit. I think he was an opportunist who would have done it whether she went to play bingo or whether she was working.

I don't feel sorry for what he did LadyT, I felt sorry for the environment he had to live in. Like you said, these were two seperate issues. One was causeing him extreme pain. I've seen first hand how Bingo can kill a family. Don't feel like going into detail but anyways, I know he had to be stressed. Whether that stress changed his pshycology or not, really doesn't matter, but it may have. What he did, no matter of his past, is soemthing you can not forgive. I don't feel sorry for what he did. I do feel sorry for him as a person, just because he'll never know what its like to have a real family.

I don't feel sorry for what he did LadyT, I felt sorry for the environment he had to live in. Like you said, these were two seperate issues. One was causeing him extreme pain. I've seen first hand how Bingo can kill a family. Don't feel like going into detail but anyways, I know he had to be stressed. Whether that stress changed his pshycology or not, really doesn't matter, but it may have. What he did, no matter of his past, is soemthing you can not forgive. I don't feel sorry for what he did. I do feel sorry for him as a person, just because he'll never know what its like to have a real family.

Well, I guess we won't ever see eye to eye on this one. I have very little if any sympathy for child molesters. Particularly those who try to use someone elses illness as an excuse for what they in order to deflect blame.

I'm sure the guy was under a lot of stress created by his wife. That is why I feel sorry for him. He's still an idiot and I to hope he gets what is coming to him, but I just think that his wife needed to be a little more concerned about her family rather than Bingo. Where was she when he was doing these things to their daughters? Off losing all their money...

I still think the guy is guilty, don't get me wrong. But I know how some of these people get when they get into their Bingo habits that they don't seem to want to try and control. It's as bad as Meth sometimes.

Well, he could have an affair rather than molest his daughters. I don't think that normal men, when they're not getting it from their wives, start sizing up their daughters, you know?

But certainly the wife abdicated her responsibilities to her children.

It wouldn't matter how much bingo my wife played my girls are safe from me, and as much as possible others while I am on guard.

Back