APP - monsanto v organic farmers, monsanto wins and we lose

if so, they have added definitions that have nothing at all to do with whether the crop is actually organic or not.....

So you know it IS possible for a word to have many definitions.

For example, if I said "a catholic person would probably embrace the idea of same-sex marriage" ... if you thought only that "catholic" mean a person who is a member of the catholic religion, you would think I was a bit off my rocker. However, if you understand (and I'm sure you do) that "catholic" also means "Including a wide variety of things; all-embracing." then my sentence makes more sense.

You are using "organic" in the sense of "Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms" or "A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin." or even "Having properties associated with living organisms." The rest of us understand that this discussion is more around the legal definition of organic - which includes non-GMO components, and "Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin" and "Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals:".

I am assuming you are being deliberately obtuse, much like DY with his "burden". I wasn't even going to respond, but for the sake of other people I thought I would spell it out.

sure....killing your unborn children can be called a
right of reproduction
a blessing
destroying a parasite
freedom

which includes non-GMO components, and "Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin" and "Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals:".

marked the bogus part for you.....without that GMO crops can be just as "organic" as any other crop......

For example, if I said "a catholic person would probably embrace the idea of same-sex marriage" ... if you thought only that "catholic" mean a person who is a member of the catholic religion, you would think I was a bit off my rocker. However, if you understand (and I'm sure you do) that "catholic" also means "Including a wide variety of things; all-embracing." then my sentence makes more sense.

You are using "organic" in the sense of "Of, relating to, or derived from living organisms" or "A substance, especially a fertilizer or pesticide, of animal or vegetable origin." or even "Having properties associated with living organisms." The rest of us understand that this discussion is more around the legal definition of organic - which includes non-GMO components, and "Of, marked by, or involving the use of fertilizers or pesticides that are strictly of animal or vegetable origin" and "Raised or conducted without the use of drugs, hormones, or synthetic chemicals:".

I am assuming you are being deliberately obtuse, much like DY with his "burden". I wasn't even going to respond, but for the sake of other people I thought I would spell it out.

you are talking to another repug inside the 'bubble'.

i have had PiMP on ignore for a while

however, who am i to discourage someone else for fighting impossible battles.

who knows, maybe you will have better luck than i did, good luck, we need more optimists

Back