More infringment on your rights

there are few specific rights to privacy spelled out in the constitution. so yes, there are some privacy rights.

for example it states that you are sefcure in you home and effects so that no search and seizure will be conducted without a warrant. i don't think that would apply to your vehicle hurtling down the highway past the posted speed limit. if that act can be ffreely observed, then there is n rihgt to privacy concerning monitoring a vhicle through GPS or by just watching it from close up.

i don't beleive there is a general right to privacy mentioned in the constitution, so the anwer would be no; any privacy issue would have to come under the context of the provisions laid out in the contitution to be considered a right. Privacy by law, however, is another issue.

How very circumspect of you. How about a general Right to Privacy?

Until your behavior becomes a danger to the heath and welfare of others. You once said yourself that smokers had no rights because a man's right to swing his fist ends at your nose.

Aren't you impressed with how much I remember of things you've said? One of your best ones is that, intent is nearly irrelevant.

for example it states that you are sefcure in you home and effects so that no search and seizure will be conducted without a warrant. i don't think that would apply to your vehicle hurtling down the highway past the posted speed limit. if that act can be ffreely observed, then there is n rihgt to privacy concerning monitoring a vhicle through GPS or by just watching it from close up.

Of course that right was suspended by the DEA....

Until your behavior becomes a danger to the heath and welfare of others. You once said yourself that smokers had no rights because a man's right to swing his fist ends at your nose.

Aren't you impressed with how much I remember of things you've said? One of your best ones is that, intent is nearly irrelevant.

Hola Chiquita! How were your holidays? :)

i don't beleive there is a general right to privacy mentioned in the constitution, so the anwer would be no; any privacy issue would have to come under the context of the provisions laid out in the contitution to be considered a right. Privacy by law, however, is another issue.

Are you saying that because its not specifically mentioned in the constitution, its not a right?

No. Privacy rights fall under the 9th (from the bill of RIGHTS) Other rights of privacy were explicitely stated but the ninth does grant us a right to privacy even though it wasn't necessarily stated in the Constitution. So yes, I'd say we have a right to privacy.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment09/

Back