Most heartwarming bible stories

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
This does it for me. Oh He is so great!

20 "You are welcome at my house," the old man said. "Let me supply whatever you need. Only don't spend the night in the square." 21 So he took him into his house and fed his donkeys. After they had washed their feet, they had something to eat and drink.
22 While they were enjoying themselves, some of the wicked men of the city surrounded the house. Pounding on the door, they shouted to the old man who owned the house, "Bring out the man who came to your house so we can have sex with him."
23 The owner of the house went outside and said to them, "No, my friends, don't be so vile. Since this man is my guest, don't do this disgraceful thing. 24 Look, here is my virgin daughter, and his concubine. I will bring them out to you now, and you can use them and do to them whatever you wish. But to this man, don't do such a disgraceful thing."
25 But the men would not listen to him. So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. 26 At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight.
27 When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. 28 He said to her, "Get up; let's go." But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.
29 When he reached home, he took a knife and cut up his concubine, limb by limb, into twelve parts and sent them into all the areas of Israel.

I am puzzled about what understanding you take from this passage.....can you explain what you think this says about God?.....

by the way, I find it amusing that someone who thinks Hugo Stiglitz is a name to emulate should object to the violence that occurs in Judges 19......it's actually pretty tame in comparison to Hugo.....

That I should send my concubines out to get raped to death and then split their bodies into twelve pieces and transport them to Israel?

God's a wise man.

really?....that is the lesson you took from that passage?.....why do you think that is?.....because you didn't read the whole passage?.....because you really don't give a shit what the whole passage says?....or did you read the whole passage and decide to use that interpretation because it served your purpose better than what the passage is really about?......I'm curious how your mind works.....or rather, why it doesn't......

by the way, I find it amusing that someone who thinks Hugo Stiglitz is a name to emulate should object to the violence that occurs in Judges 19......it's actually pretty tame in comparison to Hugo.....

LOL, I don't think that Hugo Stiglitz should be emulated in anything but a tongue in cheek fashion. That should be pretty clear from my posts.

And Hugo Stiglitz isn't the moral bedrock of a religion with billions of followers.

LOL, I don't think that Hugo Stiglitz should be emulated in anything but a tongue in cheek fashion. That should be pretty clear from my posts.

And Hugo Stiglitz isn't the moral bedrock of a religion with billions of followers.

neither is the guy who killed his concubine and sent her body parts to the tribes of Israel......nor are the guys who raped her to death.....

if you had bothered to read the entire passage you would have found that the nation of Israel took the message found in the body parts and came together to punish the people of that city for their actions.....

if you had read more you would have seen that this section of the Bible particularly speaks of what life was like when " 6In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes."...thus it is particularly foolish of you to pretend that this passage speaks of something which God desired to have happen....

of course, given the fact that 1) you know nothing at all about scriptures and 2) your express intent is to mislead people about God and Christianity, it isn't surprising you have taken this tactic....

another atheist thread fail.....

hey pmp, here is an idea: rather than having your concubine raped to death and then getting a nation angry at the perpetrators, how about you don't have your concubine raped to death to begin with.

neither is the guy who killed his concubine and sent her body parts to the tribes of Israel......nor are the guys who raped her to death.....

if you had bothered to read the entire passage you would have found that the nation of Israel took the message found in the body parts and came together to punish the people of that city for their actions.....

if you had read more you would have seen that this section of the Bible particularly speaks of what life was like when " 6In those days there was no king in Israel, but every man did that which was right in his own eyes."...thus it is particularly foolish of you to pretend that this passage speaks of something which God desired to have happen....

of course, given the fact that 1) you know nothing at all about scriptures and 2) your express intent is to mislead people about God and Christianity, it isn't surprising you have taken this tactic....

his knowledge of the scriptures is zilch, yet he passes off his opinion of it as if it is fact. he won't even discuss the fact that the holy spirit and the son of god are mentioned in the OT when discussing the trinity. he says he doesn't know and trusts "others" who know.

there is no debating someone like that, they have an opinion based on zero personal knowledge....

He sent his concubine out to get raped to death. He should've done everything in his power to stop them; instead, he gave up his family members to be raped. Who did the tribes of Israel come to punish? Him?

his knowledge of the scriptures is zilch, yet he passes off his opinion of it as if it is fact. he won't even discuss the fact that the holy spirit and the son of god are mentioned in the OT when discussing the trinity. he says he doesn't know and trusts "others" who know.

If the trinity is mentioned in the OT, then why don't the Jews who wrote the OT worship a trinity? This is the difference between an objective observer and someone who believes in something absurd. Christians know that the trinity is a Christian invention of the 2nd century, and so they go around and desperately try to find passages that seem vaguely related to the concept.

If the trinity is mentioned in the OT, then why don't the Jews who wrote the OT worship a trinity? This is the difference between an objective observer and someone who believes in something absurd. Christians know that the trinity is a Christian invention of the 2nd century, and so they go around and desperately try to find passages that seem vaguely related to the concept.

i gave you verses, i gave you an explanation, you said you didn't care because the jews know better...

and now all you have is once again, your ignorant lies that christians know its just a christian invention. you have zero cred to talk about anything regarding the trinity because you refuse to educate yourself. until you do, its like talking to dead plant.

hey pmp, here is an idea: rather than having your concubine raped to death and then getting a nation angry at the perpetrators, how about you don't have your concubine raped to death to begin with.

again....is it your assumption that the guy was doing what God wanted when he gave them his concubine?....is that assumption warranted by the text?......

He sent his concubine out to get raped to death. He should've done everything in his power to stop them; instead, he gave up his family members to be raped. Who did the tribes of Israel come to punish? Him?

and your point is what?......is it your claim that God wants us all to have concubines and offer them up for rape and them dismember their bodies afterwords?......

lol....I can easier believe that you are really Hugo Stiglitz than I can believe you are an objective observer.....

Back