Most of you probably wont care, but in one hour, there is a sick SSD deal online

I'm so computer illiterate. The real Watermark would not only have known what an SSD is, but he would have had some techie argument for why you're all full of shit. :(

you know what a hard drive is? SSD's are basically that, except way better and faster. As such, they are always way more expensive.

a 1tb of storage for an SSD is going to be about 1100 dollars. a 1tb standard hard drive is about a hundred bucks

Oh, and Linux sucks, Tom. :clink:

I love Windows 7 but it slows down after a short while, you can defrag the disk and clean up the registry but it hardly makes any impact. I just put Zorin OS 5.2 on a PC for my friend's wife and she was amazed by the difference in speed and that's on an 6 year old Sony Vaio with only 1gb of memory and a 60gb HDD!!

@ Tom: Haha, nice!

That is quite a cost difference Grind, but I guess if you're going to have that much memory some people are willing to pay for speed...

SSDs are nice and all but I haven't seen a significant performance difference to justify the vast difference in cost. Plus I'm not a computer guy, and only have my file server because it was fucking steal ($500).

SSDs are nice and all but I haven't seen a significant performance difference to justify the vast difference in cost. Plus I'm not a computer guy, and only have my file server because it was fucking steal ($500).

ok im gonna go watch game of thrones, and when I come back, I am going to show you that's it's not some computer placebo effect where you think things are faster but actually aren't. SSDs make boot times/launching apps, writing data, haul major major ass.

ok im gonna go watch game of thrones, and when I come back, I am going to show you that's it's not some computer placebo effect where you think things are faster but actually aren't. SSDs make boot times/launching apps, writing data, haul major major ass.

I never said it's a placebo. I said that the increase is not substantiated against the price.

and im too lazy to show you how awesome they are now.

in other news, how'd you get 20tbs for 500 bones O_o

and im too lazy to show you how awesome they are now.

in other news, how'd you get 20tbs for 500 bones O_o

Bargain hunting. I know guns are the primary component of my disposable income, but in truth I look for anything and everything that is a good deal that I can either use or make money on.

With an SSD, you can boot your computer in less than 10 seconds. It's many many many times faster than a hard drive. It's almost like running your computer on a RAMdisk.

With an SSD, you can boot your computer in less than 10 seconds. It's many many many times faster than a hard drive. It's almost like running your computer on a RAMdisk.

Its faster, but in my experience its not 10x faster while at 10x the price. Now maybe in a couple years it'll be more practically priced.

Its faster, but in my experience its not 10x faster while at 10x the price. Now maybe in a couple years it'll be more practically priced.

You really just need enough to hold your operating system and a few key apps. That will greatly improve your computer, make it much more responsive.

Back