Mt. Rushmore mythilogical graphitti and Do Our National Parks Need surveillance

The question was "Let's talk about National parks. Should they be open to anyone and everyone with no security? "

My response was [no], that you need security and caretakers because of the way people treat these spaces.

Now where's the strawman?

Same point I made earlier. The parks are trashed and thrashed even with rangers on duty. Without them, if they weren't closed, we'd be hauling trash out for months after the rangers got back on duty. And imagine the damage to buildings and facilities. And have you ever smelled the compost toilets in Yosemite after a busy summer day in the park????

Same point I made earlier. The parks are trashed and thrashed even with rangers on duty. Without them, if they weren't closed, we'd be hauling trash out for months after the rangers got back on duty. And imagine the damage to buildings and facilities. And have you ever smelled the compost toilets in Yosemite after a busy summer day in the park????

I've never been to Yosemite but have sniffed compost toilets, ugh.

Probably wasn't the right way to word that but you know what I mean.

I've never been to Yosemite but have sniffed compost toilets, ugh.

Probably wasn't the right way to word that but you know what I mean.

And you know what I mean! letting the public into parks without supervision - BAD IDEA

Not to mention that when someone goes over the edge of the falls, the family or friends need someone to retrieve the body and deal with the many details that come with death.

The question was "Let's talk about National parks. Should they be open to anyone and everyone with no security? "

My response was [no], that you need security and caretakers because of the way people treat these spaces.

Now where's the strawman?

Exactly.

to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition without ever having actually refuted the original position.

live and learn, Eeyore

I did learn, it is why I know you don't understand.

Back