Mushrooms on Mars?

Commander Dutch

Sworn to support and defend the Constitution
This article is current, but the data is from previous rovers. Perseverance will likely be looking for more.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sp...5/mushrooms-on-mars-nasa-photos-life-on-mars/
  • Scientists claim NASA photos show mushrooms growing on Mars.
  • In their paper, the scientists analyze a variety of images taken by NASA’s Opportunity and Curiosity rovers, as well as the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter’s HiRISE camera.
  • Mushrooms could be great for multiple purposes for Mars settlers.
screen-shot-2021-05-07-at-9-26-35-am-1620394019.png

This article is current, but the data is from previous rovers. Perseverance will likely be looking for more.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sp...5/mushrooms-on-mars-nasa-photos-life-on-mars/
  • In their paper, the scientists analyze a variety of images taken by NASA’s Opportunity and Curiosity rovers, as well as the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter’s HiRISE camera.

Who gives a fuck

"Mushrooms could be great for multiple purposes for Mars settlers." What did they mean by this?

:bigthink:
Anything that can be grown in it's natural environment on Mars is an advantage because it doesn't need a shelter or equipment.

The link mentioned food, insulator and building material. Modifying it's DNA might allow a variety of 'shroom types for different purposes.

Anything that can be grown in it's natural environment on Mars is an advantage because it doesn't need a shelter or equipment.

The link mentioned food, insulator and building material. Modifying it's DNA might allow a variety of 'shroom types for different purposes.

The last part was what I was talking about. :D

Not really because you got a hard on about this but you cunts babies in the womb. Fuck you

Are you drunk, drugged or just naturally stupid?

WTF are you trying to say other than lying about your lack of interest in this thread?

Funghi su Marte?

I've seen them on pizza too.

But....does Mars have anchovies?
I'd commission another probe to discover that.

I am no scientist- BUT I'm willing to take a look!

Those are probably frozen droplets of DRY ICE or frozen carbon dioxide!

To be abundantly fruitful, mushrooms prefer humid conditions and temperatures that start out at 70 degrees F. and thereafter stay above 55, but do not rise much above 60 degrees, although they can tolerate slightly higher temperatures.

Temperatures on Mars average about -81 degrees F. However, temperature's range from around -220 degrees F. in the wintertime at the poles, to +70 degrees F. over the lower latitudes in the summer.

This is bothersome because it is not coming from NASA.

And it is not plastered all over the major media.

Keep an eye on this story.

If it was real it would be huge.

Something doesn't seem right that this possibly incredible news is coming from Popular Mechanics?

I am skeptical, and anticipate that a perfectly natural geologic explanation for these microspheres will be hypothesized.

My gut feeling is that alien life, should it exist, may be so different from DNA-based life, we might not even recognize it at first.

I am skeptical, and anticipate that a perfectly natural geologic explanation for these microspheres will be hypothesized.

My gut feeling is that alien life, should it exist, may be so different from DNA-based life, we might not even recognize it at first.
Not a biologist, but my understanding is that, due to various reasons, life forms need to be carbon or silicon based.

Agreed that the claims of spores on Mars are likely bogus.

Back