Music for All!

All this Blues music makes me kind of teary. My late husband's favorite genre was the Blues, followed by country, followed by rock. He played guitar and keyboard. As a kid (teenager) he used to escape his mother's unwatchful eye and hitch down to Gaslight Square in St. Louis. He actually got to play a few times with some of the greats.

Thanks, you guys, for some sweet memories.

All this Blues music makes me kind of teary. My late husband's favorite genre was the Blues, followed by country, followed by rock. He played guitar and keyboard. As a kid (teenager) he used to escape his mother's unwatchful eye and hitch down to Gaslight Square in St. Louis. He actually got to play a few times with some of the greats.

Thanks, you guys, for some sweet memories.

How cool is that?
I played in amateur bands, and anyone like me who had an affinity for the great British rock bands, eventually began to wonder where Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, and Keith Richards learned it all. And that began a journey, for me, a metaphorical journey down the swampy backgrounds of the Mississippi delta, and the sweaty gin joints on Chicago's south side. A journey of discovery of some great American musical history.

You know what else what great about the blues greats? Their voices! Holy smoke. I heard Bono from U2 say that when he sang with BB King, he felt like his voice sounded like a little girl's next to BB's pipes!

How cool is that?
I played in amateur bands, and anyone like me who had an affinity for the great British rock bands, eventually began to wonder where Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, and Keith Richards learned it all. And that began a journey, for me, a metaphorical journey down the swampy backgrounds of the Mississippi delta, and the sweaty gin joints on Chicago's south side. A journey of discovery of some great American musical history.

You know what else what great about the blues greats? Their voices! Holy smoke. I heard Bono from U2 say that when he sang with BB King, he felt like his voice sounded like a little girl's next to BB's pipes!

Love your story. And thanks to the OP for this thread.... so nice to escape the politics for a while.

How cool is that?

Have you ever listen to KXJZ, Sacramento state radio station 90.9 1-5 on any given Saturday??

A local DJ/musician has a blues program which covers all aspects of the blues, & he is very fond of early British blues, their roots & evolution.........

Have you ever listen to KXJZ, Sacramento state radio station 90.9 1-5 on any given Saturday??

A local DJ/musician has a blues program which covers all aspects of the blues, & he is very fond of early British blues, their roots & evolution.........

Thank you for the tip!

This is a non-political thread, enjoy the music, add music posts if you like, and most of all don't be a dick. :)

Ironic thanks! You said that you didn't know about the long running music thread and then proceed to ignore it anyway.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Back