My ex contacted me today

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
My ex from a couple years ago (I haven't talked to her in like 22 months) sent me a text today. I'd heard she was engaged from a mutual friend, but apparently it didn't work out, and now she wants to "hang out" sometime. Uh huh.

No way in hell would I want to hang out with the psycho bitch, even if I didn't have a serious girlfriend. Being with her was the most depressing time of my life. She can go fuck herself (I basically told her as much, in kinder words).

What makes some people think their exes are standing idly by to serve as their "backup" in the event of a breakup?

My ex from a couple years ago (I haven't talked to her in like 22 months) sent me a text today. I'd heard she was engaged from a mutual friend, but apparently it didn't work out, and now she wants to "hang out" sometime. Uh huh.

No way in hell would I want to hang out with the psycho bitch, even if I didn't have a serious girlfriend. Being with her was the most depressing time of my life. She can go fuck herself (I basically told her as much, in kinder words).

What makes some people think their exes are standing idly by to serve as their "backup" in the event of a breakup?

Desperation and/or loneliness.

you've already told us you were drunk all day.....how do we know you didn't text her first?.....

I can relate, Baalim. It was almost two years after my Ex and I split and after finalizing the divorce she phoned to say she had remarried. "I didn't tell you before as I figured you wouldn't care as you never tried to get me back", she quipped. As the old saying goes the silence was deafening.

I sure as hell never tried to get her back. Once I got away from her I realized just how toxic she was. She eventually drank herself to the point she had a stroke resulting in her being unable to leave the house without assistance.

I sort of feel sorry for her husband. He's a hard working guy (carpentry). Younger than her. He'll never have children of his own.....

I thank God circumstances led to me getting out. I met and married an educated, intelligent lady with a good job and who's nine years younger. She has no ex-husband, no children, doesn't smoke or drink......The split from the Ex was the best thing to happen in my life.

I hope you're signed up on a few dating sites. Check out "Plenty of Fish". It's free. As for your Ex remember that one weak moment could result in your life returning to a hell. There's lots of beautiful gals out there waiting for you.

An ex is appealing because they are familiar. That makes them better than going out and chasing a new conquest.

But there is a reason they are an ex.

i've had this happen twice. very difficult advice to give. you truly have to live it. totally between you, your own life and her. and that is it. if you believe in god, then add that. the bottom line is, it is your choice, about your life, and about her life. that said....each time was VERY, VERY different.

i've had friends this has happened to. and i've given advice and received advice. and each circumstance is --> it's very own. i can't stress that enough.

An ex is appealing because they are familiar. That makes them better than going out and chasing a new conquest.

But there is a reason they are an ex.

I disagree. Familiar girls are boring in general. Meeting new and exciting conquests was usually more exciting than actualy being with them.

I say invite her over for a week. Then get blind stinking drunk for the whole week, don't bath, shave or change your cloths for the entire week. Have as many emotioal meltdown as you can during that week and if she's still there at the end of the week......she's a keeper! :)

Get really drunk and call her at 3 AM to tell her that your current GF made you cry... Cry for an hour screaming her name (the current girl) then tell her it's time for a booty call and to "get over here". She'll never talk to you again.

Uhh, I think some of you missed the point. I currently have a girlfriend, two years as of August. Also, I told my ex to get lost. 0_0

Back