My first American immigrant ancestor was a slave trader

Really, I love it! What is your ancestry, if you don't mind? The Hopi culture is one of my favorites, but I love the Native American culture! The spirituality and respect for the Earth are the finest!
Irish and Scottish mostly. A little bit of British, German, Russian, Finnish, and French thrown in too.

I had known that my family had some shameful relations with slaves in the 19th century, but they seem to have conspicuously left the whole slave trader thing out of the ancestral history volume some of my nutty aunts printed a while back. Yeah, a whole fucking boat, and imagine how many people died on the way over. I think I've got anyone on here beat.

I had known that my family had some shameful relations with slaves in the 19th century, but they seem to have conspicuously left the whole slave trader thing out of the ancestral history volume some of my nutty aunts printed a while back. Yeah, a whole fucking boat, and imagine how many people died on the way over. I think I've got anyone on here beat.

You should commit suicide, for the behavior of your ancestors.
May I suggest that you do so, by burying yourself alive.

I have a family member who served the south in the civil war. He was a colonel and has a statue in his honor in NC. My family in the old country (Ireland) fought in the Easter Rising in 1916 for the IRA. During the same period my great grand father provided the British with a slew of illegitimate children during WWI.

800px-Horse_thief_hanging.png

There's a horse thief. That rope is like a foot long. Yeah, they pretty much didn't make any attempt at all to do this humanely.

Last edited:
I dunno, it looks like he's holding a gun too, which sort of makes this more of a raise someone up and then shoot them deal? This is getting needlessly complicated.

800px-Horse_thief_hanging.png

There's a horse thief. That rope is like a foot long. Yeah, they pretty much didn't make any attempt at all to do this humanely.
You do know that a horse thief would often take from a man his only means to support himself and family. This was egregious back then for a reason, it was like sentencing an innocent to death through poverty.

Back