My German Shepherd, Malfoy died on Tuesday May 20th

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
My German Sheppard Malfoy (aka Doofenschmirtz, Doof, Doofus, The Great Goofus III, my Gooftastic Wonderdoof, Malf, GoodBoyDoof, Old Man Goofus, The Old Man Doggus, and more) passed away on Tuesday May 20th. He was one of the best dogs we ever had, he was so very patient with the girls as they grew up. My youngest used to grab his tail and laugh like a little maniac as he dragged her around the house with a huge grin on his kind face. My eldest, at 6 years old saved up $100 to pay for him (though it cost far more than that).

176761035_10220147698585276_4947273155872656594_n.jpg

Malfoy, and his kind smile.

He will be sorely missed, as will his packmate Koda.

ACtC-3eyckxWwTdpjm05toAXTvLxZ9scTGOLmKa40baNeiI7B1vOsivLZOe3z0dE2fsMh6h7sGgf1ShfNfxzAie2ec3nzK8l3l7rLaDPE3MhUKRHB6Qdaemql5tcSV5IwT_R7lUUjeOFaNWjXSAhWs2uNsTwfQ=w770-h577-no

Here is a picture of Koda, patiently wearing a hat on her last birthday. She passed at 16 years old this year on February 10th.

He was the dog of a million nicknames, everybody's friend.

He missed Koda, his pack mate who passed on February 10th, they lived in our house together with our family for 13 years.

ACtC-3ekBKSyktJnArX8DUnf0xLSQF0QcJB-S8s7yXJzCycHQUDpGi_Ba9HeSbrifyyBq5FUUteEH_L-F2Zr1Q1eMAsq0JuTPwPHIwj644FXztgwM--ZmIioKowHQqESio81Nk_vkyzTqlKpGdFPUnYNpeV9JQ=w433-h577-no

Goodbye, Doofus.... You were a great friend.

Last edited:
My German Sheppard Malfoy (aka Doofenschmirtz, Doof, Doofus, The Great Goofus III, my Gooftastic Wonderdoof, Malf, GoodBoyDoof, Old Man Goofus, The Old Man Doggus, and more) passed away on Tuesday May 20th. He was one of the best dogs we ever had, he was so very patient with the girls as they grew up. My youngest used to grab his tail and laugh like a little maniac as he dragged her around the house with a huge grin on his kind face. My eldest, at 6 years old saved up $100 to pay for him (though it cost far more than that).

ACtC-3eyckxWwTdpjm05toAXTvLxZ9scTGOLmKa40baNeiI7B1vOsivLZOe3z0dE2fsMh6h7sGgf1ShfNfxzAie2ec3nzK8l3l7rLaDPE3MhUKRHB6Qdaemql5tcSV5IwT_R7lUUjeOFaNWjXSAhWs2uNsTwfQ=w770-h577-no

Here is a picture of Koda, patiently wearing a hat on her last birthday. She passed at 16 years old this year on February 10th.

He missed Koda, his pack mate who passed on February 10th, they lived in our house together with our family for 13 years.

ACtC-3ekBKSyktJnArX8DUnf0xLSQF0QcJB-S8s7yXJzCycHQUDpGi_Ba9HeSbrifyyBq5FUUteEH_L-F2Zr1Q1eMAsq0JuTPwPHIwj644FXztgwM--ZmIioKowHQqESio81Nk_vkyzTqlKpGdFPUnYNpeV9JQ=w433-h577-no

Sorry to hear about your lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear.... they are like family. I lost two a couple of years back. Savor the pictures.

Dogs eat a lot. Try to look at the bright side. Look at the money you will save.

(idea) Set up a 'Doof & Koda' Account at a Brokerage with the Money saved. Target your kids as Beneficiaries when they turn 25. (?)

I'm sorry, it always hurts to lose a good dog.

As a human you have to understand that their lives just aren't as long as ours.

More people should consider that going in.

Wait..what year did your dog die? Because it's April this year.

Sorry about the loss of your fur baby. My condolences.

---------------
snip.

Newfies are like that with kids too, we have had Newfies since our second year of marriage, the kids always had at least one in the house, even as we moved back and forth from Europe a few times.

Condolences for your loss.

it's so very difficult when we lose pets...if our love could save them, they'd absolutely live forever....
Something we always share when we hear of the loss of a pup...you've probably seen this before, but it's very sweet and we always hope just might help a shelter pup find a home....

Dog's Last Will & Testament

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…

To a poor and lonely stray, I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared, shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.”

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing I can give…

The love I left behind.

– Author Unknown

So sorry for your loss. They don't call dogs "man's best friend" for nothing...

Gad Saad has some interesting things to say about this partnership between humans and hounds that goes back to ancient times, to the benefit of both. He has Belgian Shepards.

Dogs eat a lot. Try to look at the bright side. Look at the money you will save.

(idea) Set up a 'Doof & Koda' Account at a Brokerage with the Money saved. Target your kids as Beneficiaries when they turn 25. (?)

Well trained dogs bite the asses of dumbasses. :)

Dogs are great and losing one is losing a family member.

Sorry to hear this. The end of life phase for larger breeds can be a real gut punch, I hope they both went easy.

It sounds like it. I was trying to bring a little 'light-heartedness' to it ... and turning a 'loss' into a 'plus'.

Keep working on it. :thup:

Meanwhile, I'm teaching my dog to play dead when make a gun with my fingers and say "Bang!" He doesn't like it but he does like the treats. He likes sit, lay down and "gimme five".

Keep working on it. :thup:

Meanwhile, I'm teaching my dog to play dead when make a gun with my fingers and say "Bang!" He doesn't like it but he does like the treats. He likes sit, lay down and "gimme five".

Do you dress your dog up for Events?
Damocles (I don't know about his wife) used to dress his dogs up for Christmas, Halloween, Forth of July, and Birthdays. It's unfortunate you weren't here to see the costumes. The funny hats, the matching 'dog vests', the little bobbles on the tails, and the 'shoes' ... the little tiny shoes. Quite colorful, very creative, probably expensive.

Back