My house still exists

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
My power went off for about 3 hours, turned back on, and my house is still here.

I know you're all dissapointed. Not nearly as awesome as the promise.

WM = 1 Gustav = 0

It's A-O-K folks!

p221059-Mississippi-Blues_Trail_Shack.JPG

My power went off for about 3 hours, turned back on, and my house is still here.

I know you're all dissapointed. Not nearly as awesome as the promise.

WM = 1 Gustav = 0
Boring. We have 60 MPH winds every day. If you can't keep the power on during 60 MPH winds, you need to fire your Co-op board...

The free market handles our power down here Damo.

IE I have absolutely no control over the matter.
Rubbish, all power is controlled by the PUC in your state, as well as the phones, it has nothing to do with the free market.

Rubbish, all power is controlled by the PUC in your state, as well as the phones, it has nothing to do with the free market.

I know that there are two power companies in our area, Mississippi power, and this other Co-op board. We are just barely on the path to get it from the Mississippi Power corporation. The people who have the co-op take care of their power usually have a much more difficult time getting the power back up.

Mississippi has Mississippi Power Company, one of the branches of the Southern Company.

But they offer some of the best employee benefits of any private companies, and when there are problems they can throw more equipment and men into the field than almost anyone except the government.

I've worked with them a few times. They run a good safe show.

Why doesn't our electric rates go up everytime a storm approaches ?
could it be regulation ?
And yet the lights are still on..

Btw glad you and your family are OK WM.

Most of the people who literally lose their house live on the shore and have it taken away by storm surge. It would take extremely strong winds to take down an inland home without any help from the surge. It mostly only happens to those crappy trailors.

What's more likely is that a tree will fall on your house. Which happened to us in Katrina. It bounced right off too.

Last edited:
Most of the people who literally lose their house live on the shore and have it taken away by storm surge. It would take extremely strong winds to take down an inland home without any help from the surge. I've honestly never heard of it being done before.

What's more likely is that a tree will fall on your house...

Andrew, Hugo, etc...

Andrew, Hugo, etc...

OK, did those storms literally take a thirty mile inland home completely off and leave nothing but but the slab? Without the help of a Tornado?

Cus I went through Katrina, and it didn't do that to my home, and it was far worse than either of those pussy storms.

OK, did those storms literally take a thirty mile inland home completely off and leave nothing but but the slab? Without the help of a Tornado?

Cus I went through Katrina, and it didn't do that to my home, and it was far worse than either of those pussy storms.

Pussy storms ? LOL, Hugo left a swath of destruction from the carolinas all the way up into Pennsylvania.

It went inland in the Carolinas btw.
, over to the applachains and north to PA and maybe NY State. I forget.

Pussy storms ? LOL, Hugo left a swath of destruction from the carolinas all the way up into Pennsylvania.

It went inland in the Carolinas btw.
, over to the applachains and north to PA and maybe NY State. I forget.

BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE TO KATRINA!

Most of the damage to houses and such was caused by the tornadoes that hurricanes create. Besides that, their normal winds do a lot roof damage.

BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE TO KATRINA!

Most of the damage to houses and such was caused by the tornadoes that hurricanes create. Besides that, their normal winds do a lot roof damage.

They don't compare to Katrina unless you happen to live someplace where Katrina didn't hit.

And the tornados spawned by the hurricane ARE part of the hurricane.

And just as an FYI, there have been 5 hurricanes that were more powerful than Katrina.

The costliness of a storm is largely the luck of where it lands.

Back