My New Foster Dog

hmm without trying to piss you off Lady.... If your going to foster dogs you have to think about being strict enough with them so that they become suitable pets for someone to adopt.

I would Highly recommend that you do not let the dog on your bed to sleep as one of the basics.

hmm without trying to piss you off Lady.... If your going to foster dogs you have to think about being strict enough with them so that they become suitable pets for someone to adopt.

I would Highly recommend that you do not let the dog on your bed to sleep as one of the basics.

Actually, I think you're absolutely right. This dog got a huge gash on his nose yesterday from being in the cage. He just violently tries to get out of being locked up in the cage or in a room. I have to get a new door to the foyer area from the garage to the family room now. He destroyed it trying to get out.

Actually, I think you're absolutely right. This dog got a huge gash on his nose yesterday from being in the cage. He just violently tries to get out of being locked up in the cage or in a room. I have to get a new door to the foyer area from the garage to the family room now. He destroyed it trying to get out.

thats the trouble with fosters and why so often nobody wants them. Your job is to try to retrain this animal so that some family will want to take him. its a matter of life and death for the dog... or you keeping it :)

i have an affection for the boxer bread.. and lord knows they are rambunctious.. if not properly disciplined and trained early they are just overwhelming to the idiots that buy them. the result is a huge number of boxer rescues.

This bread is so smart and loyal that im convinced it can be one of the best and most affectionate breeds you could possibly own.. i have an awesome mellow lab that some may say how did you get so lucky with this dog... but honestly their is just no comparison to the personality of a boxer.

I intend on fostering them once no more small children and i have more time.. could be something i do in partial retirement. I can take a boxer nobody would possibly want to deal with and turn it into a dog that would become a beloved member of a family in a month. Thats the goal as a foster.. to break the animal and make them suitable for a family to embrace.

I got my boy dog when he was a year old.

He had been a backyard dog and was mauled by the Danes that lived with him. He was terrified of a male raising his voice to the point that he would bolt to as far as he could get and cower and shiver uncontrolably.

Within a week or two he was a regualr house guy who loved my hubby.

A "used" dog is really not a problem guys. The can learn too.

I miss him, fuck its been two years and Im crying again.

I got my boy dog when he was a year old.

He had been a backyard dog and was mauled by the Danes that lived with him. He was terrified of a male raising his voice to the point that he would bolt to as far as he could get and cower and shiver uncontrolably.

Within a week or two he was a regualr house guy who loved my hubby.

A "used" dog is really not a problem guys. The can learn too.

I miss him, fuck its been two years and Im crying again.

I'm sorry, Desh; I certainly understand. We got our first Border Collie from the pound when he was 8 months old. Someone had tried (badly) to train him but these dogs are both extremely sensitive and extremely smart, and it took us nearly a year before he'd let us hug him. He turned out to be the best dog in the world, so much so that when we couldn't find another BC in rescue we went to a breeder.

A friend of mine adopted a rescue Corgi who had been more or less abandoned in his back yard for his entire life of 2 years and didn't even know his name. He's a great dog, though true to his breed thinks he runs the world. He's smart and affectionate and a great companion for her.

I volunteered with our local Humane Soc. for over 3 years and saw so many cases that just hurt my heart -- people would move and just leave the dog in the yard, for instance, the greatest dog that obviously had been loved but then discarded as inconvenient ... This happened over and over. We were able to place these dogs in great new homes and knew from later feedback that they'd worked out (we took them back if things didn't!).

My boy was a lab mix.
I called him my 100 pound lap dog. He was a real lover. He may not have been as smart as my Aussie but he was just as loved. He was a perfect dog. All dogs can be perfect. They can all learn to obey and love. That is all a dog has to do to be perfect.

Back