my own moral/ethical dilemma

i've been told that 2 days ago, the police went in and arrested both mother and boyfriend for possession with intent. kids are now in state custody.

I mean I wish I could offer a more nuanced answer than that, but when children become involved in this stuff, they need to be taken out of that environment immediately. I mean seriously, what would your other options be?

This. IMO, there is no ethical dilemma other than which place to call and how fast I could get the phone numbers, the cops or CPS. I'd call both just to be sure.

This. IMO, there is no ethical dilemma other than which place to call and how fast I could get the phone numbers, the cops or CPS. I'd call both just to be sure.
my ethical dilemma only concerned whether I should immediately confront them and THEN call someone, or just call someone.

my ethical dilemma only concerned whether I should immediately confront them and THEN call someone, or just call someone.

Call somebody first, then help them if you can. Confronting drug addicts is not usually an intelligent choice. They have the logic of children, and the paranoia of the drugs with physical capabilities of a nutjob who doesn't care about their own body. This isn't something you should wade into without some serious backup.

Call somebody first, then help them if you can. Confronting drug addicts is not usually an intelligent choice. They have the logic of children, and the paranoia of the drugs with physical capabilities of a nutjob who doesn't care about their own body. This isn't something you should wade into without some serious backup.
my backup would have been a Glock 23, hence my ethical dilemma. had something happened, the liberals here would have accused me of stalking and murdering two depraved drug dealers who may or may not have been sexually abusing an 8 year old, even if they came after me.

my backup would have been a Glock 23, hence my ethical dilemma. had something happened, the liberals here would have accused me of stalking and murdering two depraved drug dealers who may or may not have been sexually abusing an 8 year old, even if they came after me.

40 cal, eh? I have a Glock 22 with the hi-cap magazines. That's one of my favorites. Glocks are, IMO, the best bang for the buck.

I hope you did call rather than confront though.

40 cal, eh? I have a Glock 22 with the hi-cap magazines. That's one of my favorites. Glocks are, IMO, the best bang for the buck.

I hope you did call rather than confront though.
I didn't have to, actually. unbeknownst to anyone, there was already an investigation going on. so while I was waiting to hear back from a local detective, county authorities already took action.

Only if they were black and you were white or hispanic. :palm:

Back