My Own Personal Hell

Sometimes I feel sorry for my boyfriend when he watches sports.

we're at the point in our relationship where I don't even bother put on the pretense that I'm remotely interested in what he's saying.

I love that. I never got there with my ex-fiance, the one I have spoken about before, Jim? Do you know how many times I would be reading, and he would yell out, scaring the crap out of me, “Babe, look at this shot!” about some golf tournament? And I’d always go, wow, that’s something, and gaze at the television for a couple of seconds before I’d go back to my book.

That’s one of the things I love about my bf now. I don’t pretend to be interested at all and he just laughs about it. I mean, he will still forget himself, and be so excited about some dipshit basketball shot, that he’ll start to tell me, and I just look at him like he is crazy and then he laughs. And he doesn’t pretend to be interested in what I do with my hair, which Jim used to pretend to be interested in. It’s much better this way.

it passes the time. much better then watching some crappy shows like treys anatomy's.

For example tonight: Idol is on, redsox are on, and the Game one of the Celtics are on. I am going to be overstimulated. My priorities:
1) Celtics
2) redsox
3) idol

But i do understand what your saying tho about pretending to have any interest what so ever. Often when she wants to watch a movie with me ill say sure you pick, set it all up, and then put my laptop on my lap and fuck around on the internet. Pretend to have a clue whats going on in the movie.

Anther Example of this happens if shes trying to tell me about a book or about her day at the hospital.. "WOW thats great"... "Uhuhh"

LOL! People are now doing repairs themselves instead of buying new. On that note, I learned how to install a kitchen faucet on Saturday. We'd planned to replace the countertop and sink and hoped that the old faucet would hold out 'til we did. Oh, well. Thank you, Moen, for making the installation process pretty well idiot-proof!

Should have gotten Delta....

Oh I dont like the crappy shows either.

I do like the shows that are stupid but you can get ideas from though. Like the home improvment ones. I hate the extra crap they think they have to put in though. Hosts and fake pauses when they tell people what they can get for their house and such crap.

I want to see the ideas and how they can be done.

Should have gotten Delta....

Nope. I checked out all the consumer reports and customer feedback, plus the relative sizes, etc. of the different faucets. Didn't really like the Delta models, and am really, really happy with the Moen.

Oh I dont like the crappy shows either.

I do like the shows that are stupid but you can get ideas from though. Like the home improvment ones. I hate the extra crap they think they have to put in though. Hosts and fake pauses when they tell people what they can get for their house and such crap.

I want to see the ideas and how they can be done.

Same here! I'm so sick of all this emoting for the camera, all the fooling around and crap, plus the rhythm section/drums used for the background that's so loud it drowns out the speaking. They leave out a LOT of important info, and I've noticed that a lot of their fixes are purely cosmetic, cheap crappy and not durable at all. A lot of it is stuff I'd never in a million years do in my house. Also they leave all the crappy texture on the ceilings and walls. If I were in the market for a house right now, I'd walk out the door the minute I saw that stuff.

I love that. I never got there with my ex-fiance, the one I have spoken about before, Jim? Do you know how many times I would be reading, and he would yell out, scaring the crap out of me, “Babe, look at this shot!” about some golf tournament? And I’d always go, wow, that’s something, and gaze at the television for a couple of seconds before I’d go back to my book.

That’s one of the things I love about my bf now. I don’t pretend to be interested at all and he just laughs about it. I mean, he will still forget himself, and be so excited about some dipshit basketball shot, that he’ll start to tell me, and I just look at him like he is crazy and then he laughs. And he doesn’t pretend to be interested in what I do with my hair, which Jim used to pretend to be interested in. It’s much better this way.

hahahaha! That's exactly what we do. One time (I guess my face said it all), he goes, "just pretend to be interested....please". Its like they have to share the amazing shot/goal/touchdown with someone, so he's reduced to trying making me watch it. Its pretty funny to see him give commentary on the replay and my blank stare.

I'm all about trash TV.

I love staying home and watching Maury during the week: You are NOT the father.

it passes the time. much better then watching some crappy shows like treys anatomy's.

For example tonight: Idol is on, redsox are on, and the Game one of the Celtics are on. I am going to be overstimulated. My priorities:
1) Celtics
2) redsox
3) idol

But i do understand what your saying tho about pretending to have any interest what so ever. Often when she wants to watch a movie with me ill say sure you pick, set it all up, and then put my laptop on my lap and fuck around on the internet. Pretend to have a clue whats going on in the movie.

Anther Example of this happens if shes trying to tell me about a book or about her day at the hospital.. "WOW thats great"... "Uhuhh"

I don't get the fascination with sports and the emotional involvement with teams.

The games essentially seem the same and who gives a fuck if your team wins. They aren't sharing their millions with you!

This Jim?

jim.jpg

Good catch.

Nope. I checked out all the consumer reports and customer feedback, plus the relative sizes, etc. of the different faucets. Didn't really like the Delta models, and am really, really happy with the Moen.

yeah well my bath Moen was a piece of crap and the drain kit with my lav faucet turned colors and corroded.

I am taking them out and putting delta in. Moens are pretty and have a wide variety though. Plus their ad campaign is number one.

I have had much better luck with delta over the years than any other brand.

If you think the story about a woman having to live in her car with her dogs is bad, wait till you hear what happened to me today.

Two of my girlfriends and I decided to get facials this Saturday and then do lunch. I have made literally dozens of phone calls, and I can’t find a day spa that can do three facials together without two months notice. Most of them can’t do three together at all. And I thought I could fill up the time in between with pedicures, but forget that! No pedicure appointments to be had, all booked up. So the best I could do for one hour facials, was half hour intervals. I guess we will have to suffer through that, but what kind of third-world crap is this? I thought that under Capitalism… I mean, Democracy, if there is a demand someone will supply it? If you can pay for it you can have it? But now I find out that three women can’t get a freaking facial! This is what I’m paying taxes for??
Terrible. Tell them you are calling for the Obama Campaign and really need to get three done together for Obama, his wife, and HillBilly. When they make the appointment, tell them Obama, HillBilly and Michelle aren't coming and you will take their place.

I don't get the fascination with sports and the emotional involvement with teams.

The games essentially seem the same and who gives a fuck if your team wins. They aren't sharing their millions with you!

Got that right LadyT. It is apparently a pack mentality thing.

Got that right LadyT. It is apparently a pack mentality thing.

watching sports sucks. Who cares which team of millionaires wins? I ain't seeing any of that money, and I'm not emotionally invested in which millionaires wins a trophy. Who give a crap about that?

Now, if female rollerderby is on TV, I'm totally down for that!

j/k

watching sports sucks. Who cares which team of millionaires wins? I ain't seeing any of that money, and I'm not emotionally invested in which millionaires wins a trophy. Who give a crap about that?

Now, if female rollerderby is on TV, I'm totally down for that!

j/k

No seriously, I agree, but what is up with the guys loving to watch guys thing ?

rollerbabes :cheer:

Back