My pepper plants got bigger than I thought.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
attachment.php

Aerogrow, but they got too big for the light extension. They're under the counter in the kitchen, and are using up most of the 3 1/4 feet clearance.

Wow.. I had never heard of that system until now.. I have a sunny window.. I use regular potting soil to grow chives and basil.. I just put a whole fresh egg in the bottom of the pot.

Wow.. I had never heard of that system until now.. I have a sunny window.. I use regular potting soil to grow chives and basil.. I just put a whole fresh egg in the bottom of the pot.

It's a hydroponic system.

Ha ha, those look awesome, but I have a different 'spice' growing.

Other than the great herb, I'm growing tomatoes, just started budding and now I have wee little green tomatoes.

Cilantro was a flop and so was dill :(

Basil good, mint is awesome, thyme is good

Just wish I nailed the cilantro and dill because I use those a lot.

what kind of peppers

7 pod brown on the right, Aji Cito in the middle, and a basil plant to the left. Damn good basil too, called limoncello basil. Has a citrus tang with the usual basil flavor.

Why not plant them outside?

My Jalapeno and banana peppers usually get around 4 feet tall. The Cayennes stay rather compact

Jade lives in a cold climate like we do. We have to start our peppers and other hot weather-loving plants indoors, or else buy them from plant nurseries.

Why not plant them outside?

My Jalapeno and banana peppers usually get around 4 feet tall. The Cayennes stay rather compact

Snow just melted last week in Michigan, and they are C. Chinense types. Even in the summer here they don't do that great.

Snow just melted last week in Michigan, and they are C. Chinense types. Even in the summer here they don't do that great.

Not here either. Last year I started jalapenos from seed. Some I transplanted outdoors; the others I kept in large pots in the greenhouse. The greenhouse ones did amazingly well; the outside ones not so much.

Do you have a Lowes, Menards, or Home Depot in your area? They sell mini greenhouses on wheels that hold just a few plants. The one I got for our old house was only $40.

Not here either. Last year I started jalapenos from seed. Some I transplanted outdoors; the others I kept in large pots in the greenhouse. The greenhouse ones did amazingly well; the outside ones not so much.

Do you have a Lowes, Menards, or Home Depot in your area? They sell mini greenhouses on wheels that hold just a few plants. The one I got for our old house was only $40.

Yeah we have all three, but have no money for that kind of stuff right now.

Back