My wife just bought me a new wood pellet grill...

Holy Shit! $600. :whoa:

Yeah. For 600 bucks, SOMEBODY better do some cooking on that thing.
(Question: does anybody in the family have a 'stationary bike' ... that is used for hanging clothes?)

Because, THAT would mean you just have TOO MUCH cash to know what to do with. (?)

Holy Shit! $600. :whoa:

Yeah. For 600 bucks, SOMEBODY better do some cooking on that thing.
(Question: does anybody in the family have a 'stationary bike' ... that is used for hanging clothes?)

Because, THAT would mean you just have TOO MUCH cash to know what to do with. (?)

I figure if I cook on it 8 times when we may have gone out to eat normally I will have paid for the danged thing. 4 people eating at a restaurant (which we love to do) is about 80 to 120 each time (depending on the quality of restaurant).

I figure if I cook on it 8 times when we may have gone out to eat normally I will have paid for the danged thing. 4 people eating at a restaurant (which we love to do) is about 80 to 120 each time (depending on the quality of restaurant).

:) Well, you've already made a Cost Benefit Estimate, that's a good thing. You now know you're on the hook for 8 'Meals'. (not some 'Hot Dog & Beans' dinner) :thumbsup:

:) Well, you've already made a Cost Benefit Estimate, that's a good thing. You now know you're on the hook for 8 'Meals'. (not some 'Hot Dog & Beans' dinner) :thumbsup:

LOL... Imagine how hacked off she would be if I tried to pass off some beans and franks as one of the dinners replacing a trip to the Seafood Factory here in Denver... Whoooooo.... She'd hate me.

:laugh:

Have some candlelight and a nice Chardonnay. Tell her "I have to start somewhere, Honey ... some things you can't rush into".
(I'm sure whatever you do, she'll be pleased as punch)

LOL... Imagine how hacked off she would be if I tried to pass off some beans and franks as one of the dinners replacing a trip to the Seafood Factory here in Denver... Whoooooo.... She'd hate me.

My neighbor friends have a wood pellet grill\smoker and those suckers let off a good bit of smoke. I'd consider placement a must since you don't want smoke pouring into a door or window that gets opened.

I think it's cool that you can cook food on that grill without actually buying any food to put on it......

I think it's cool that you can cook food on that grill without actually buying any food to put on it......

Well, if you figure out how much it would be for 8 meals at 80 to 100 dollars, then figure the cost of the food that I would cook you will find that I included that in the estimate. I'm good at mathing...

Well, if you figure out how much it would be for 8 meals at 80 to 100 dollars, then figure the cost of the food that I would cook you will find that I included that in the estimate. I'm good at mathing...

but are you good at grilling......wait, is that pelleting?.....

This one:

https://zgrills.com/collections/700-series/products/zgrills-master-700d

Should I take it as a hint that I should cook more? I mean, what do you think she was saying?
Well, yes, but you should have demanded a real grill/smoker.
That thing don't look right. I'm smoking country ribs tomorrow.
My grill (yeah, I NEVER use it as a grill, I gave my Weber to the neighbor for that stuff) came from Texas.
It's a smoker box and a meat box with a vent. I put green Live Oak, or Hickory or whatever in the wood box and smoke to my heart's content.
Hold on, I'll come back with a name.
It's a uhh.. "New Braunfels"..:dunno: They're outta Texas.

Loading it up tomorrow. Yes, I like me some smoked meats.

I was taught quite well by some dudes a little older than me. One's dead now. Low and slow is the way to go.

You might can use that as a real smoker, idk.

I got my wood..this time it's Water Oak and Live Oak..it'll be good.

Last edited:
Well, yes, but you should have demanded a real grill/smoker.
That thing don't look right. I'm smoking country ribs tomorrow.
My grill (yeah, I NEVER use it as a grill, I gave my Weber to the neighbor for that stuff) came from Texas.
It's a smoker box and a meat box with a vent. I put green Live Oak, or Hickory or whatever in the wood box and smoke to my heart's content.
Hold on, I'll come back with a name.
It's a uhh.. "New Braunfels"..:dunno: They're outta Texas.

Loading it up tomorrow. Yes, I like me some smoked meats.

I have to start somewhere I guess. I had an upright smoker before, it didn't have enough oomph to cook a whole turkey, though it fit in the box. I had to finish it in the oven (it was still danged delicious)..

I have to start somewhere I guess. I had an upright smoker before, it didn't have enough oomph to cook a whole turkey, though it fit in the box. I had to finish it in the oven (it was still danged delicious)..

Whatever you do, if you ever decide to deep-fry a turkey (and it is delicious), place the fryer out-o-doors, well away from anything flammable.

Don't ask me how I know this is good advice.

Whatever you do, if you ever decide to deep-fry a turkey (and it is delicious), place the fryer out-o-doors, well away from anything flammable.

Don't ask me how I know this is good advice.

I've done that in the past. Last year I did a bacon wrap for the turkey... The year before that I made turducken...

Back