Name That Show!

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Just for kicks. Here's a game that should be easy for anyone over 40. I'll name a famous TV Character and ya'll guess who the actor was and what TV show they played that character on.

No cheating by googling the names now! LOL

Chester Goode

Uncle Charlie

Corporal Newkirk

Maynard G. Krebbs

Ann Marie

Laura Petrie

Doctor Maureen Robinson

Endora

Last edited:
Chester Goode

Uncle Charlie - My Three Sons

Corporal Newkirk - Hogans Heros

Maynard G. Krebbs - Dobie Gillis

Ann Marie - That Girl

Laura Petrie - Rob Petrie's wife

Doctor Maureen Robinson

Agnes Moorehead - Bewitched (although that is the actress' name, the character was Endora)

Chester Goode

Uncle Charlie - My Three Sons

Corporal Newkirk - Hogans Heros

Maynard G. Krebbs - Dobie Gillis

Ann Marie - That Girl

Laura Petrie - Rob Petrie's wife

Doctor Maureen Robinson

Agnes Moorehead - Bewitched (although that is the actress' name, the character was Endora)

Well you are correct on all but two of the shows (which you didn't name) and you didn't name the actors. Pretty good though.

Excuse me. All but three. "Rob Petries wife" is not the name of the show or the actress. LOL

Also, the correct name for Dobbie Gillis was "The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis"

and you're right. I got it ass backwards with Agnes. I should have put that as "Endora" and Agnes Moorehead of Bewitched would be correct. I fixed that. :)

Last edited:
Chester Goode -- Mayberry, RFD ? Don't recall the actor and can't quite visualize him. *** Wrong show anyway.

Uncle Charlie -- My Three Sons. Actor, same as above.

Corporal Newkirk -- Hogan's Heroes. Actor, ditto.

Maynard G. Krebbs -- Dobie Gillis, Actor was Bob Denver

Ann Marie -- That Girl, Actor was Marlo Thomas

Laura Petrie -- The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore

Doctor Maureen Robinson -- not sure, was it one of the Space shows?

Endora -- Bewitched, Actor -- can almost but not quite see her face, but she was the main character's mother.

Last edited:
My son will occasionally post quotes on Faceook from his favorite movies and challenge his friends to identify the movies without looking them up. His only rule is that the quote must either be listed on IMDb or be irrevocably tied to the movie.

My son will occasionally post quotes on Faceook from his favorite movies and challenge his friends to identify the movies without looking them up. His only rule is that the quote must either be listed on IMDb or be irrevocably tied to the movie.
OK, what movie is this quote from

"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my obstacle! Get the fuck down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"

OK, what movie is this quote from

"Are you quitting on me? Well, are you? Then quit, you slimy fucking walrus-looking piece of shit! Get the fuck off of my obstacle! Get the fuck down off of my obstacle! NOW! MOVE IT! Or I'm going to rip your balls off, so you cannot contaminate the rest of the world! I will motivate you, Private Pyle, IF IT SHORT-DICKS EVERY CANNIBAL ON THE CONGO!"

FMJ

Just for kicks. Here's a game that should be easy for anyone over 40. I'll name a famous TV Character and ya'll guess who the actor was and what TV show they played that character on.

No cheating by googling the names now! LOL

Chester Goode

Uncle Charlie

Corporal Newkirk

Maynard G. Krebbs

Ann Marie

Laura Petrie

Doctor Maureen Robinson

Endora

I only got Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke show, My Three Sons, Lost In Space, and Hogans Hero's (guess on that one)

Chester Goode -- Mayberry, RFD ? Don't recall the actor and can't quite visualize him. *** Wrong show anyway. (No)

Uncle Charlie -- My Three Sons. Actor, same as above. (right show)

Corporal Newkirk -- Hogan's Heroes. Actor, ditto. (right Show)

Maynard G. Krebbs -- Dobie Gillis, Actor was Bob Denver (yes)

Ann Marie -- That Girl, Actor was Marlo Thomas (yes)

Laura Petrie -- The Dick Van Dyke Show, Mary Tyler Moore (Yes)

Doctor Maureen Robinson -- not sure, was it one of the Space shows? (you're warm)

Endora -- Bewitched, Actor -- can almost but not quite see her face, but she was the main character's mother.(right show)
See my answers above.

I'm surprised no one has gotten Chester Goode. The show he was on was one of the most popular in TV history and was the longest running.

I'm surprised no one has gotten Chester Goode. The show he was on was one of the most popular in TV history and was the longest running.

I've been waiting to see if anyone got it.

I used to watch it with my dad when I was a kid. He even had the old radio version on reel-to-reel tape and we'd listen to that occasionally. He had a blooper reel of the radio show from a rehearsal. Hilarious.

I remembered when I looked it up. Didn't use the answer because that would have been cheating. I have a friend I call "Chester" because he reminds me of DW.

How is looking things up cheating?

That caution was in the opening post. We're supposed to dig into our fragile memories for this stuff. I did check to see that I was right on some, and found that I'd erred on the first one. The Lost in Space was pure guess, as I'd never watched that show.

That caution was in the opening post. We're supposed to dig into our fragile memories for this stuff. I did check to see that I was right on some, and found that I'd erred on the first one. The Lost in Space was pure guess, as I'd never watched that show.

You never watched "Danger Will Robinson!" ?

Back