Name That Show!

Meh. I think puzzles that rely soley on you not being able to look things up are stupid. I don't have a good memory; so what. We can tell that without having to go through all of this. :)

I've been waiting to see if anyone got it.

I used to watch it with my dad when I was a kid. He even had the old radio version on reel-to-reel tape and we'd listen to that occasionally. He had a blooper reel of the radio show from a rehearsal. Hilarious.

I do think you know the answer! If you included the time that the show was on radio and tv I don't think any show will ever break it's record for how long it was on the air.

Dr. Robinson was June Lockhardt, but I did not know you wanted the actors too...I should have gotten That Girl, dang it!
Yes, you are right. I loved that show as a kid. Eventually it was canceled not because of low ratings but because, for the time, it was to expensive to produce.

I recently watched the movie about the life of the guy who played Hogan. Never seen the show, though.
My mother hated the show because it showed Germans as 'very stupid' people. It didn't matter that only two Germans on the show were that stupid, all the other ones were quite competent.

:D

I do think you know the answer! If you included the time that the show was on radio and tv I don't think any show will ever break it's record for how long it was on the air.

I could even tell you the name of the actor who played the lead on the radio and at least two television shows he starred in. I could also tell you the name of the brother of the actor who played the lead in the television series.

Last edited:
My mother hated the show because it showed Germans as 'very stupid' people. It didn't matter that only two Germans on the show were that stupid, all the other ones were quite competent.

We have to use SAP at work. Everyone swears it's the Germans revenge for us winning WWII.

Just for kicks. Here's a game that should be easy for anyone over 40. I'll name a famous TV Character and ya'll guess who the actor was and what TV show they played that character on.

No cheating by googling the names now! LOL

Chester Goode -- Dennis Weaver / Gunsmoke

Uncle Charlie -- William Demorest / My Three Sons

Corporal Newkirk -- Richard Dawkins / Hogans Hero's (More well known for Family fued).

Maynard G. Krebbs -- Bob Denver/ The Many Loves of Dobbie Gillis

Ann Marie -- Marlo Thomas / That Girl

Laura Petrie -- Mary Tyler Moore / The Dick Van Dyke Show

Doctor Maureen Robinson -- June Lockheart / Lost in Space

Endora -- Agnes Moorehead / Bewitched

The answers are above.

Yes, you are right. I loved that show as a kid. Eventually it was canceled not because of low ratings but because, for the time, it was to expensive to produce.

It was a fave of mine too; all of those shows were a part of my childhood. Trippy going back and thinking on them, thanks for the walk down memory lane.

All I know is that the secretary chick was smoking hot. But your mother was onto something, the Germans are pretty stupid... :cool:

Back