Nascar

You're one of the people who don't get it and probably never will.

Actually I do get it, some people are soooooo slow mentally that monotonous repetitive actions are all they can comprehend. Hence the origination of Nascar.....

Billy Joe 'u thinks if we buy us a dirt patch and put a giant paved oval on it, that we could make us sum money by peeple watchin cars drive around it?'

Bubba 'holy shit Billy Joe, u is a dumbass. What kind a moron would PAY to watch cars drive in circles?'

Bobby Joe 'I dunno... I think Billy Joe dun had one of them etiffany's. I bet we could get lots of peeple round here to pay to watch that. Lets get er done'

With that... Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks was born.

NASCAR racing is so much more than driving in circles. It's the cars, engine, tires, setups... (about a million different variables there), pit crew, engine builder, crew chief, driver skill, and that is just what gets you to the race...

Yes, we understand cars have parts. So do hockey skates and backboards. The point is... they are STILL driving in circles.

then there is pit strategy, fuel mileage, tire compounds, handling issues, avoiding accidents and other stupid drivers, the track surface, drafting partners, high-side/low-side, when to pass, when to not pass... spotters, team mates, sponsorships... an all of it is happening a few inches apart at 190 mph all afternoon. It takes a combination of talent and balls of steel to compete.

Got it... not only do they drive in circles, but they do it really fast.

I can think of several sports that are far less exciting to watch, golf puts me to sleep!

Golf is not a sport, it is a hobby. A well paid hobby for some, but hardly a sport.

Basketball? Just watch the last 30 seconds of any game!

College Basketball is one of the greatest sports ever created. Period. It stands behind only Football as one of the most exciting games created. If the NBA remembered how to actually PLAY the game, they would get elevated back to relevancy.

Obviously you didn't watch the Olympics.

nd Soccer... don't even bother watching, just tell me who scored the goal!

True, Soccer can be quite boring, but if you are talking fan base... nothing in the world compares to the following. Not even the almighty football.

NASCAR isn't for everybody

Yes, I know. I already pointed out it is for the mentally disabled. Quick question... do they have people come around and wipe the drool from the chins of the lethargic semi brain dead fans?

One thing that's hard to argue with, no sport in America draws the audience of NASCAR... even the Super Bowl doesn't attract 200,000 in attendance.

Tell us genius... how many of those 200,000 rednecks can even SEE the entire race? What is that? None? Gotcha.... they see the cars go by really fast.... wait a few minutes... oops.. there they went again... rinse and repeat. How many of them actually ATTEMPT to watch every lap? None?

Cars in circles man.... cars in circles.

Actually I do get it, some people are soooooo slow mentally that monotonous repetitive actions are all they can comprehend. Hence the origination of Nascar.....

Billy Joe 'u thinks if we buy us a dirt patch and put a giant paved oval on it, that we could make us sum money by peeple watchin cars drive around it?'

Bubba 'holy shit Billy Joe, u is a dumbass. What kind a moron would PAY to watch cars drive in circles?'

Bobby Joe 'I dunno... I think Billy Joe dun had one of them etiffany's. I bet we could get lots of peeple round here to pay to watch that. Lets get er done'

With that... Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks was born.

Yes, we understand cars have parts. So do hockey skates and backboards. The point is... they are STILL driving in circles.

Got it... not only do they drive in circles, but they do it really fast.

Golf is not a sport, it is a hobby. A well paid hobby for some, but hardly a sport.

College Basketball is one of the greatest sports ever created. Period. It stands behind only Football as one of the most exciting games created. If the NBA remembered how to actually PLAY the game, they would get elevated back to relevancy.

Obviously you didn't watch the Olympics.

True, Soccer can be quite boring, but if you are talking fan base... nothing in the world compares to the following. Not even the almighty football.

Yes, I know. I already pointed out it is for the mentally disabled. Quick question... do they have people come around and wipe the drool from the chins of the lethargic semi brain dead fans?

Tell us genius... how many of those 200,000 rednecks can even SEE the entire race? What is that? None? Gotcha.... they see the cars go by really fast.... wait a few minutes... oops.. there they went again... rinse and repeat. How many of them actually ATTEMPT to watch every lap? None?

Cars in circles man.... cars in circles.
I can see how some prefer college basketball with fundamentals and less glamor but saying the NBA is not exciting? The speed, the power and range of dunks, alley oop passes and guys like Lebron, Shaq, Bosh, Kobe. It's exciting.

So use a race frame. But they'd have to use a stock engine, transmission, suspension and exact body contours. This would bring race tech to the street and advance automotive design.

The way it is now NASCAR is basically running 70's era technology. Its stupid.

Where's the independent suspensions, direct fuel injection, variable timing overhead cams, computer engine management and and multi-coil ignition present in today's grocery getters?
Every This! All of This! I became a fan of NASCAR in the 80's while working in the pits for a local Sprint Car driver. I stopped being a fan when Bill Elliott's day was over. I remember watching a pre-race spot on Bill and his brother who was the master wrench behind Elliott's success. There was a sign on the door that said, "Everything's so secret here, even I don't know what's going on." I have since lost interest, but as Dixie said, it's more than cars just going roundy round. Drivers loses a shitload of waterweight in a single race. At that speed, your arms get a work out. I am more of a Formula One guy, but NASCAR used to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Every This! All of This! I became a fan of NASCAR in the 80's while working in the pits for a local Sprint Car driver. I stopped being a fan when Bill Elliott's day was over. I remember watching a pre-race spot on Bill and his brother who was the master wrench behind Elliott's success. There was a sign on the door that said, "Everything's so secret here, even I don't know what's going on." I have since lost interest, but as Dixie said, it's more than cars just going roundy round. Drivers loses a shitload of waterweight in a single race. At that speed, your arms get a work out. I am more of a Formula One guy, but NASCAR used to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Cars.... going in circles.... perfect "sport" for the brain dead.

Cars.... going in circles.... perfect "sport" for the brain dead.
Wow and most people probably would have figured me for the classist snob. Who'd a thunk it. I do agree with you about College hoops though. Far more interesting than the NBA. The NBA is just the rarified air that only the best of the best play in and there really is no defense. Shit the Suns scored over 150 points the other night. Did ANYONE go down court to guard them?

No reason to shine my ass after spanking yours in that other thread. This is damn embarrassing.

Back