Nature Is Harsh

toby

Geeks think it is all butterflys and flowers and when they disrespect nature they sometimes die. Geeks like Kim the Cnet dude who thought he knew nature and died, well what can you say? He watched to many liberal commericals.

His last actions saved his family. Without his tracks they would not have found the car. I'd happily trade my life to save my family.

That means I would trade my life to save a stranger. This is my family....

What he did saved them, I am sure his soul is satisfied with the result.

I'm confused...

His last actions saved his family. Without his tracks they would not have found the car. I'd happily trade my life to save my family.

I was watching the interview with the Under Sheriff on the news...he said they followed Kims tracks after finding the car...Kim's wife pointed out the direction he went! I think what toby was saying is he should have stayed with the car...survival 101!

I was watching the interview with the Under Sheriff on the news...he said they followed Kims tracks after finding the car...Kim's wife pointed out the direction he went! I think what toby was saying is he should have stayed with the car...survival 101!
I heard somebody talking about it last night on the radio. They said they followed the tracks to the car and saved the family...

I would have stayed with the car to help my family survive, unless I knew the area very well.
Fire... I would constantly have a fire going. If you can light a tire you can use that to dry wood and keep a fire going. They not only burned magazines and other things they could have used to start a real fire, they burned their tires too....

It does not make a difference as what the guy was trying to do was save his family. He was a hero... At least he did not cower under the car like Toby would have done.

Fire... I would constantly have a fire going. If you can light a tire you can use that to dry wood and keep a fire going. They not only burned magazines and other things they could have used to start a real fire, they burned their tires too....

That is the biggest thing to me Damo. If a person can keep a fire going in the cold they can survive quite a while. Car tires burn plenty hot enough to dry the wood and keep it going. It is a seemingly endless cycle to keep enough wood to keep a fire alive, especially in wet, snowy weather, but it is necessary........even more so than food in those conditions. I truly feel for this family. I have been involved in more than one search and rescue operation like this. Only one turned out to be a fatality. It was heart wrenching for the searchers as well.

My sympathy for the guys family, but acts of ignorance are not acts of bravery. The guy messed up. Notice that I said ingorance not stupidity.

Back