Nature Is Harsh

I just went back and re-read the story. To be fair to the guy, he waited with his family, in the car for eight days, for rescuers to show up. After that long it seems he felt that nobody was going to come for them so he struck out on his own. They did all the right things after they became lost and stranded. The mistake was taking that snow-covered road in the first place, and staying on it. We all know, happily less dramatically than this, that hindsight's 20-20.

another usefull tip this highlights...........fill up your gas tank before taking a drive in the country.

I carry about 6 of the little mylar "space" type emergency blankets in my emergency kit. and in cold weather I always carry a pair of insulated coveralls as well.

Depends, If I am going into a desert type of area or a storm I carry some food and water. Normally no, water is usually available and one can go quite a while without food.

Just a simple question. If you ran out of gas on a back woods road, where would you go for help?
A) Follow the road and look for someone to help
B) Go into the woods and look for assistance?

Back