need a quote

Ridiculous paranoid nonsense. You're quotes come from the NIV, this comes from the MKJV (although Marx was referencing the KJV, which uses similar wording). Pretty obviously not a translation that would've been around in the 19th century, because it changes "talents" to "bags of gold".

You know this as well, but as a conservative, it of course sadistically pleases you to not argue in good faith and remain willfully ignorant of the facts of the matter because you know it annoys me.

The verses from the MKJV:

And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.

And they sold their possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.

32 ¶ And the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul. And not one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own. But they had all things common.
33 And the apostles gave witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus with great power. And great grace was on them all.
34 For neither was anyone needy among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 and they laid them down at the apostles' feet. And distribution was made to every man according as he had need.

The verses from the KJV:

And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all [men], as every man had need.

[32] And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
[33] And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
[34] Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
[35] And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Now will this shut you, or do we need some fucking haldol for that?

How is it even possible for this to be a lie? It is literally just a couple of verses copied straight from the MKJV. Why would I necessarily know it was a lie if it could possibly be one?

Whatever interpretation you have of the bible is wholly irrelevant to this discussion. He got the phrases from the bible. Since he plucked them out of two different sections he's pretty clearly mocking whatever message that part of the bible had.
Watermark, clearly you've master time travel and went back and changed the original wording of the bible to fit your argument. It's the only logical conclusion for SM to be correct.

“Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed."

The master harvesting and gathering where someone else had sown and scattered seed? If that happened today he'd get an a$$ full of buckshot like any other thief. :ouch:

Are you saying Jesus was a commie? :whoa:
These Libtards have gone so far as to write a wiki article that bastardizes the Bible so they can claim that.

Here's WaterLiar's quote from Wiki:

The phrase has its origin in the New Testament. In the parable of the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus spoke of what we are given, according to our abilities; to test the commitment of the steward to his master. In Acts the Apostles lifestyle is described as communal (without individual possession), and uses the phrase "distribution was made unto every man according as he had need"[6]:

“ Matthew 25:15 And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to each according to his ability. And he went abroad at once.
Acts 2:45 And they sold their possessions and goods and distributed them to all, according as anyone had need.
Acts 4:32-35 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, and laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

And the actual passage, KJV:

14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The actual passage obviously means the exact opposite of what WaterLiar claims. :)

HAHAH waterstain (the student loves communism). Give him two years of that engineering salary (90,000 start) and he'll be the most anti tax poster on the board.

Back