Need some advice on cellphones in Canada.

Jade Dragon

And I'm the one that jaded you.
Does anyone know a cheap option that works good in Canada, like just a good burn phone. My cheap Tracfone, from Safelink, I get for being disabled, doesn't work in Canada. I think Cypress talks enough on Canada, maybe they know. This is the one thing still to figure out for vacation, so I'm asking around a few places. I'll check back in later.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a cheap option that works good in Canada, like just a good burn phone. My cheap Tracfone, from Safelink, I get for being disabled, doesn't work in Canada. I think Cypress talks enough on Canada, maybe she knows. This is the one thing still to figure out for vacation, so I'm asking around a few places. I'll check back in later.

I don't use pre-paid burner phones there, because my AT&T mobile phone works when I am in Ontario and Quebec provinces.
I am a technological dinosaur, but I assume AT&T sells prepaid mobiles, and they would work in Canada. Good idea to ask around and get accurate intel from the professionals.

I don't use pre-paid burner phones there, because my AT&T mobile phone works when I am in Ontario and Quebec provinces.
I am a technological dinosaur, but I assume AT&T sells prepaid mobiles, and they would work in Canada. Good idea to ask around and get accurate intel from the professionals.

Why don't you just buy a cheap unlocked phone and get a SIM card in Canada? Anyway, they have WiFi everywhere in Canada, so you can use Skype, Line or WhatsApp to make calls. Ringo and Rebtel are excellent for making cheap landline calls.

http://support.ringo.co/6713-Signup-/90106-can-i-use-ringo-in-my-country?kb_language=en_US

https://www.rebtel.com/en/

Last edited:
Does anyone know a cheap option that works good in Canada, like just a good burn phone. My cheap Tracfone, from Safelink, I get for being disabled, doesn't work in Canada. I think Cypress talks enough on Canada, maybe they know. This is the one thing still to figure out for vacation, so I'm asking around a few places. I'll check back in later.

I've got an LG phone. pre pay 30 dolas a month with unlimited calling, texting, and international calling.

I've had it for years. Ran over it with a car and washed it in laundry once and still works fine. I think you can probably get one for free. The service cost 30 a month.

do you need more details? If not, STFU! lol, just kidding about the STFU. It was just to good to resist.

I've got an LG phone. pre pay 30 dolas a month with unlimited calling, texting, and international calling.

I've had it for years. Ran over it with a car and washed it in laundry once and still works fine. I think you can probably get one for free. The service cost 30 a month.

do you need more details? If not, STFU! lol, just kidding about the STFU. It was just to good to resist.

Is it unlocked or tied to a network?

Is it unlocked or tied to a network?

I am not sure what that means. It also has web browsing time that doesn't work too well. It's not a smart phone but it's not dumb either. I believe it's ATT verizon network.

It's one of those flip phones that captain kirk used to use. In fact it might be his.

I am not sure what that means. It also has web browsing time that doesn't work too well. It's not a smart phone but it's not dumb either. I believe it's ATT verizon network.

It's one of those flip phones that captain kirk used to use. In fact it might be his.

So it's not unlocked and is tied to the Verizon network. Whenever I go to Thailand or Vietnam, I buy a local SIM as my UK phone is unlocked to all networks.

I sure don't know, but I'll do some research. Meanwhile, here is a travel tip thing that includes a bit about cell phones. Since you're not using a typical smart phone with a contract plan, might not apply.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/what-not-to-do-in-canada-1481733

When I visited the girls in Vermont earlier this month, we took a one-day road trip that at times brought us within a mile or two of the Canadian border. My (AT&T) smart phone had conniptions with alarms and beepings about roaming and data and Canadian networks, so I finally just turned it off so it wouldn't have a stroke.

I sure don't know, but I'll do some research. Meanwhile, here is a travel tip thing that includes a bit about cell phones. Since you're not using a typical smart phone with a contract plan, might not apply.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/what-not-to-do-in-canada-1481733

When I visited the girls in Vermont earlier this month, we took a one-day road trip that at times brought us within a mile or two of the Canadian border. My (AT&T) smart phone had conniptions with alarms and beepings about roaming and data and Canadian networks, so I finally just turned it off so it wouldn't have a stroke.

Good link but they left out the best way to score pot.

Oh good. Hey, when you get to Canada, go buy a gallon of milk and tell me how you pour it. They sell milk in these big plastic bags. How the hell do you pour THAT???

Hopefully you can get it figured out! When do you guys leave? And are you feeling better?

Jun 26th, and I'm feeling a lot better than I did. Still not great though. I'm praying this issue gets better. I saw Yurt calling me female again, but considering I'm being treated for prostatitis, I have to laugh. Who will the guy in my photos be I wonder. Apparently I'm going to stalk the same guy from my photo across Canada, and the northern USA, west of the Great Lakes.

Jun 26th, and I'm feeling a lot better than I did. Still not great though. I'm praying this issue gets better. I saw Yurt calling me female again, but considering I'm being treated for prostatitis, I have to laugh. Who will the guy in my photos be I wonder. Apparently I'm going to stalk the same guy from my photo across Canada, and the northern USA, west of the Great Lakes.

Don't trouble your pretty little head about Buttyurt. LOL -- see what I did there? Heheheheh. He's got a bad case of butt boils and gots no one to express the pus, so is in a bad bad way.

I'm glad the meds are helping. Really looking forward to hearing about your trip as you two traverse the continent! And photos too.

PS -- and check your FB messenger, sent you a msg about the phone thing.

You don't pour it. You suck it.

Too late. After I was snubbed, ... I looked it up on google. So BAM!

They apparently buy this bag, cart it home, then put it in a Pitcher. Then, you snip a corner with scissors and through trial and error, learn to pour milk on your Corn Flakes.

Oh, while we're at it. You can use American money there. The cash registers will automatically make the conversion for you. They'll give you Canadian money in return. Now ... sometimes they'll ask for a few pennies more. Which means they're reading the conversion incorrectly. Rather than argue, just hand them some more pennies.
When will the Amero (like Euro) become a reality???

Back