V8 engine
RWD
Body-on-frame
Sedan that seats at least 5 comfortably
Trunk that holds at least three 58in rifle cases
Police transmission
Super charger
Classy

If an Acura can do all that, let me know.
Why don't you just get a Crown Vic and be done with it?

Why don't you just get a Crown Vic and be done with it?
Because I own a Crown Vic. The Marauder is the same body style and engine, but different interior and gearing.

Also, I'm almost positive the fact that I drive a Vic has gotten me out of being pulled over. Multiple times.

Because I own a Crown Vic. The Marauder is the same body style and engine, but different interior and gearing.

Also, I'm almost positive the fact that I drive a Vic has gotten me out of being pulled over. Multiple times.
True but you probably could have paid about 20 tickets with the gas money you could have saved with something a little more modern.

I get 400 miles on 16 gallons. Not the greatest, but it ain't bad.
Not a big fan of Crown Vics but mainly on driving preferences. A Crown Vic has power, performance, is spacious and comfortable but has the handling and responsiveness of a sail boat. They are built like tanks and though the MPG aint so hot, I've known people who have cost effectively maintained Crown Vics to near half a million miles. There's gotta be a reason why so many police departments and Taxi companies use them. Their built to last and when parts do go bad they don't cost an arm and a leg to replace. Nor do you need a masters degree in engineering to maintain them. Considering the cost of a new car Crown Vics rock solid dependability, durability and low cost of maintenance does make up for it's poor gas milage.

Having said that it's all about what you prefer and I prefer a car that can turn on a dime.....that's not a Crown Vic.

Not a big fan of Crown Vics but mainly on driving preferences. A Crown Vic has power, performance, is spacious and comfortable but has the handling and responsiveness of a sail boat. They are built like tanks and though the MPG aint so hot, I've known people who have cost effectively maintained Crown Vics to near half a million miles. There's gotta be a reason why so many police departments and Taxi companies use them. Their built to last and when parts do go bad they don't cost an arm and a leg to replace. Nor do you need a masters degree in engineering to maintain them. Considering the cost of a new car Crown Vics rock solid dependability, durability and low cost of maintenance does make up for it's poor gas milage.

Having said that it's all about what you prefer and I prefer a car that can turn on a dime.....that's not a Crown Vic.
I dunno, I've grown up on trucks and SUVs so my Vic handles like a fuckin champ. I honestly have not one bad think to say about it.

I dunno, I've grown up on trucks and SUVs so my Vic handles like a fuckin champ. I honestly have not one bad think to say about it.
Compared to a truck of an SUV I'm sure it would. I think Crown Vics are great cars too. Here's another Ford product (Mazda), Go check out a Mazda3 Mazdaspeed. It's a 2.3L 4 cylinder with 263 HP at 280 ft-lb torque at 3000 rpm. It meets your cargo space requirements and weighs about 3,000 lbs, about 1,000 lbs less then the Crown Vic. It can out accelerate a Crown Vic on a straight and can scream through a curve or turn that would send a Crown Vic sailing into a ditch. It's rated one of the top ten cars for 2010 by car and driver magazine. I've test drove one and it is sweet! Get's about 26 mpg highway which isn't the best but quite a bit better then the Crown Vic. I was really surprized at how practical the Mazdaspeed was. My image of it was of a slightly larger mini-cooper. Boy was I wrong.

I don't have your cargo or passenger needs and I'm not as big a fella as you are so this will probably be my next car. May not be your cup of tea but it sure is worth taking the time for a test drive. You'll be impressed with it's performance. Don't confuse it with the Mazda 3!

Thanks for teh advice Mott, Mazdas aren't bad, but they're a pain to work on. I do all my own work too, so that's a big piece of the equation.

Thanks for teh advice Mott, Mazdas aren't bad, but they're a pain to work on. I do all my own work too, so that's a big piece of the equation.

Hard to beat a crown vic for that. Their designed with ease of maintenance in mind. That's a big part of what makes them so cost affective.

Back