New Hampshire counts so far have many problems showing

It isn't the machines that will keep your vote safe or make it unsafe. It is the process.

Verifying that the vote count matches the ballot count is just one tiny step in a process, but an important one. If 500 ballots were uncounted, I would know because we verify.

Well it say they were scanned but will it notify you the ballot was esentially blank?

It seems the count would still reflect the ballots ran through the machines as being the same as ballots cast?

Some people only mark one part of the ballot.

None apply.............

BB Ive hurt your feelings?

Dude Im married and I was teasing when I called you an old creepy con.

Your not creepy just confused.

My feelings are never hurt...I am not creepy nor confused...so you are married do you want a medal?:rolleyes:

It actually stops the ballot from entering when the vote is absent, it spits it back out and tells you which line is not being counted as there is no vote or there is an overvote (more than one candidate selected for a one vote selection). The voter then could choose to push it through regardless. However, at the end of the day the votes must tally for us. We must ensure that clearly marked ballots are counted.
The only time I've used an electronic machine was the last mid-term. There were several pages (screens) of candidates and issues to go through. I have a policy of not voting for someone who is unopposed, so there were some screens that I left unanswered. Just before the end of my cycle a screen notified me that there were contests where I had not voted. That last page apears to be a "fail safe" as you mentioned but I am certain that there are many who are too lazy to read it or don't understand it.

The only time I've used an electronic machine was the last mid-term. There were several pages (screens) of candidates and issues to go through. I have a policy of not voting for someone who is unopposed, so there were some screens that I left unanswered. Just before the end of my cycle a screen notified me that there were contests where I had not voted. That last page apears to be a "fail safe" as you mentioned but I am certain that there are many who are too lazy to read it or don't understand it.

There are many different machines out there and some are better than others.

California has yet to find one that passes the hacking test. NY has not yet complied with HAVA due to the fact that their standards are higher than the feds and None have passed their standards yet.

Well it say they were scanned but will it notify you the ballot was esentially blank?

It seems the count would still reflect the ballots ran through the machines as being the same as ballots cast?

Some people only mark one part of the ballot.
You check it against votes counted, not ballots cast. If you have many undervotes, you re-run the count checking the ballots that are sent back. This is, of course, transparent. Members of parties are present as judges. If, during the recount you find that the ballot was blank in that area you state so. In this way the vote tally matches at the end, or a hand recount will be done on those ballots. The memory cards are firmware, along with the Operating System that counts the ballots, and cannot be altered. We have never had anybody from the company touching any machines I have ever worked with during elections.

You check it against votes counted, not ballots cast. If you have many undervotes, you re-run the count checking the ballots that are sent back. This is, of course, transparent. Members of parties are present as judges. If, during the recount you find that the ballot was blank in that area you state so. In this way the vote tally matches at the end, or a hand recount will be done on those ballots. The memory cards are firmware.

Sounds good I wish all system were this careful.

Back