New Hawaii 5-0

OMG you guys do realize that what you are watching is a FICTIONAL TALE...RIGHT?

And as such, "liberties" can be taken with people, locations and attitudes, you understand that, right?

It's not a National Geographic Documentary on Hawaii...it's a fictional TV show.

If this got you going I'd hate to think how much you dissed Star Wars back in the day for not using REAL light sabers...

They make locals look bad. "Haole" this and "Haole" that. The lame thing is, is that if they showed the real, actual Hawaii as it really is, it would blow their fictionalized shit the fuck out of the water.

Its lame, lame lame. Good gawd. They take a perfectly fine setting and lame it the fuck up.

I know nothing about local Hawaiian culture, so the pidgeon stuff just looked weird to me. Also, I got the impression that the shave ice guy was being a douche to them specifically because they were cops, and he was enjoying holding some power over them...

I know nothing about local Hawaiian culture, so the pidgeon stuff just looked weird to me. Also, I got the impression that the shave ice guy was being a douche to them specifically because they were cops, and he was enjoying holding some power over them...

McGarrets Pidgin was lame and forced, and then the fat local guy smiles approvingly when he says "you speak bird". When white guys speak pidgin out here, its far more awkward than the scene let on. Also, the fat local guy approves of his "bird" and then says he's still "haole". Its hard to explain, but that's wrong in so many ways, I actually said "ow" after the scene. Painful to watch.

Back