new home ownership reveals many issues

I still NEVER banned anyone from anything

You should have looked into the effects of Global warming on different locations before you purchased

Believing lies will ruin your life

Bad information in means bad decisions out

last June, 2021

pretty sure it's a concrete pool. It's maybe 5 years old?

Texas homes usually don't have basements because of the ground movement due to weather. I have seen some homes with sumps because of ground elevations around their property can be higher than their foundation. Apparently that's the case on the east side of my home. I think I can resolve that issue with a french drain.

Pool might be gunite?

https://buyersask.com/pools-and-spas/cracks-in-the-pool/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_change_in_Texas

The climate in Texas is changing due to global warming and rising trends in greenhouse gas emissions.[1] As of 2016, most area of Texas had already warmed by 1.5 °F (0.83 °C) since the previous century because of greenhouse gas emissions by the United States and other countries.[1] Texas is expected to experience a wide range of environmental impacts from climate change in the United States, including rising sea levels, more frequent extreme weather events, and increasing pressure on water resources.[1]

Sounds like a drainage design flaw. My subdivision was built around 2000 and there was a lot of that......the builders simply did not give a fuck.

we had the home inspection before buying. mortgage company requires it. there were no reported issues, then, but also we didn't have this particular set of issues with such dry ground and so much rain all in a few hours.
The first year we were in this house 11 years ago we got 5 inches of water in two days. It's obvious that there were historic issues because there is a pump with a drain system around the perimeter of the basement. In one part of the basement there were three spots with streams of water coming in. It looked like people were pissing into the basement. Even with the pump, we had a few inches of water in the basement. I believe that was hurricane Irene.

I have planted ground cover around the foundation in that spot, and we've never had that problem again. I also found a leader that was pouring water around the base of the foundation, because the drain pipe leading away from the house came off. Proper gutters/leaders help a lot, but 10 freekin inches of water is crazy.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?192615-I-have-a-new-dog&p=5255759#post5255759

The nice things said to me when I rescue a dog and off topic it

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellow Hawk View Post
Poor pup, he now lives with a sadistic, foul mouth, ignorant twat that will give him/her no chance at a decent life

Funny how I never said anything to you in that thread, good or bad. I do remember a couple other threads in here, about rescue dogs, where we were both polite, courteous, even friendly..............we both love dogs..............

I'm sorry you forgot about those and chose to post not nice things to me.

WOKE Texas Trib desperately trying to pin current flooding in Dallas on Global Warming:

The rise in average temperatures brought by climate change can strongly affect extreme precipitation events by increasing the intensity of rainfall during storms, climate scientists have found.

In Texas, rainfall intensity has increased by about 7% since 1960. And the risk of extreme precipitation events across the state is increasing even as the Western half of the state has generally seen a flat or declining trend in precipitation totals over the past century, according to a 2021 report by the state’s climatologist.

Texas could experience 30% to 50% more events of extreme rain by 2036 compared to 1950-1999, the report found.
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08/22/dallas-flooding-fort-worth/

Wow...5 year old pool with problems? Are there a lot of in ground pools in Texas? Given the issue re. basements, I would think only steel? We have a really old steel pool that comes with its own issues.

Liners aren't cheap, but I see a lot of them. You have to use care with them, and they can last 10 years. Is this a wide crack that's dumping water? If not, you can probably drain the pool and use hydraulic cement to patch. Hopefully the ground behind the pool isn't washed out.

I was going to suggest the perimeter drain around the house, as long as you have a place for the water to end up.

the crack itself is about 3 feet long from top to bottom. maybe about 1/16th at it's widest point and that part is leaking water. It hasn't been there long enough to wash out alot of ground behind it, I wouldn't think so anyway. you can bet I'll be putting soaker hoses around the house after this week.

Funny how I never said anything to you in that thread, good or bad. I do remember a couple other threads in here, about rescue dogs, where we were both polite, courteous, even friendly..............we both love dogs..............

I'm sorry you forgot about those and chose to post not nice things to me.

I posted truth

This is the result of you refusing cold hard facts

You should have considered a property that was not as vulnerable to flooding

Now you know why these lies the Republican Party feeds you are so bad

I posted truth

This is the result of you refusing cold hard facts

You should have considered a property that was not as vulnerable to flooding

Now you know why these lies the Republican Party feeds you are so bad

Civilization runs on trust...For instance trusting that those who build homes have done the drainage correctly. We cant all be experts on everything and there are only so many hours in a day.

You are once again out of line here.

Civilization runs on trust...For instance trusting that those who build homes have done the drainage correctly. We cant all be experts on everything and there are only so many hours in a day.

His weather has been crazy

That is due to global warming which you deny exists

You can’t buy property correctly if you believe lies

Lies are bad

Corporations will cheat you if they can

Which is why we regulated them

See why it’s bad to deregulate people who will cheat you

His weather has been crazy

That is due to global warming which you deny exists

You can’t buy property correctly if you believe lies

Lies are bad

You have failed to address my point.

Yet more bad behaviour on your part.

Trust is falling because you people deregulate corporations

Want trustable industries?

Properly tax and regulate them

This is a great place to remember how California will not lift a finger to competently manage the forests, and then when they burn scream "GLOBAL WARMING" as justification for even more tyrannical government.

Was this house built correctly?

Let's start there.

He bought a product

It failed

Due to extreme weather conditions and bad planning by the creator of that product

Both him and that corporation should have done a better job of understanding the conditions the product would be exposed to

They both just pretended this product would without a doubt be exposed to these extreme conditions

This is a great place to remember how California will not lift a finger to competently manage the forests, and then when they burn scream "GLOBAL WARMING" as justification for even more tyrannical government.

Was this house built correctly?

Let's start there.

Prove California does as you claim

You are just lying

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna942581

The irony is that 57 percent of California’s 33 million acres of forest are controlled by the federal government. And even the timber industry, which Trump’s team appears to be trying to support, has slammed the U.S. for investing far too little in the priceless wild space.

Last edited:
the crack itself is about 3 feet long from top to bottom. maybe about 1/16th at it's widest point and that part is leaking water. It hasn't been there long enough to wash out alot of ground behind it, I wouldn't think so anyway. you can bet I'll be putting soaker hoses around the house after this week.
Unfortunately, draining the pool is a pain, and filling it gets expensive. Sounds like it's a fairly easy fix, but I wonder why it happened in the first place...and if it will be a chronic problem?

Maybe a liner is the answer.

Back