New layout

Rationalist

Hail Voltaire
Everyone whining about the new layout is no different than when Facebook gets a face lift - people will bitch and moan for about a week and then they'll forget what the old site looked like. Then when the layout is changed again in a year or two, everyone will bitch and moan again and say how much they liked this layout.

The bottom line is people are resistant to change. It's human nature.

True. I'm new and the new look is OK as far as I can tell, but then I wasn't used to the old look.

I find it a pain in the arse, but then anything that involves an increase in cerebral activity, however fleeting, is a pain in the arse. Nice to see that wretched Tapatalk has gone though. It HAS gone I assume, it's not just hiding in the ether waiting to pounce when I least expect it?

For those desiring a clearer screen go to “Settings” at the top of the page, then “general settings” on the left hand side, then “Forum skins ¾ of the way down the page and select “vB4 default”.

Ahhh, that's easier on the eyes. :)

Everyone whining about the new layout is no different than when Facebook gets a face lift - people will bitch and moan for about a week and then they'll forget what the old site looked like. Then when the layout is changed again in a year or two, everyone will bitch and moan again and say how much they liked this layout.

The bottom line is people are resistant to change. It's human nature.

so being a liberal is contrary to human nature?.....

I find it a pain in the arse, but then anything that involves an increase in cerebral activity, however fleeting, is a pain in the arse. Nice to see that wretched Tapatalk has gone though. It HAS gone I assume, it's not just hiding in the ether waiting to pounce when I least expect it?

It is gone. I may use my developer skills and create my own app. :D

That would rule.

For those desiring a clearer screen go to “Settings” at the top of the page, then “general settings” on the left hand side, then “Forum skins ¾ of the way down the page and select “vB4 default”.

Ahhh, that's easier on the eyes. :)

scroll down to the bottom left as well

scroll down to the bottom left as well

THREE whole choices?

Be still my beating heart!

How about bringing back some of the more soothing tones we had before the upgrade.

Right now my choices are either mild nausea induced by the puke green; severe retinal burn from the white; or a terminal case of the squints from trying to read the copy with a black background.

Whooooooooooooops...better include a smiley so yurt knows this was supposed to be an attempt at humor...ROFL!

;)

THREE whole choices?

Be still my beating heart!

How about bringing back some of the more soothing tones we had before the upgrade.

Right now my choices are either mild nausea induced by the puke green; severe retinal burn from the white; or a terminal case of the squints from trying to read the copy with a black background.

Whooooooooooooops...better include a smiley so yurt knows this was supposed to be an attempt at humor...ROFL!

;)

The choices are very limited, surely there are more themes available?

Same here. It's just not the same. I have no idea how to do anything now. All my expertise with the last format....gone.

Back