New phone: moto g6

I got this new phone and I'm torn.

I ha e never believed in paying top dollar for phones, this was $240 US. Apparently 8 cores, 1.7, 32gb, 3gb ram, 5.7 screen... Just a feat phone for me... However...

Go ahead and mock me, but I can't believe this doesn't allow you to swap the home buttons. LG has allowed this for years. It bothers me the back button is on the left now and no way to swap it.

Anyone know how or a better phone in that price range? Or maybe I should suck it up and shut up because I don't want to pay $900 for the to LG phone.

Oh, and I did Google this, called the company etc... Thought maybe some here would know.

I have 7 days to return it. But thought the awesome people might have alternative.

I have a 'flip-phone' for $40 and pay 'as-you-go' (about a $100/year), but rarely use it. Other than the Red/Green buttons, I have no idea about the 'buttons'. (Hope this helped)

I ha e never believed in paying top dollar for phones, this was $240 US. Apparently 8 cores, 1.7, 32gb, 3gb ram, 5.7 screen... Just a feat phone for me... However...

Go ahead and mock me, but I can't believe this doesn't allow you to swap the home buttons. LG has allowed this for years. It bothers me the back button is on the left now and no way to swap it.

Anyone know how or a better phone in that price range? Or maybe I should suck it up and shut up because I don't want to pay $900 for the to LG phone.

think this is like 500-600

A little more than I want to pay, but Mahalo bro.

I have a samsung J7. I think it is in about the same price range as the one you have these days. Maybe a little less since it isn't the latest. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I had used a J4 forever and hated that I was stuck switching to the J7 at the time as the J4 was pretty much perfect for me.

Oh, and I did Google this, called the company etc... Thought maybe some here would know.

I have 7 days to return it. But thought the awesome people might have alternative.

The Huawei P20 is pretty awesome.

image.jpg

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/phon...qYDUoXJZDFk2JH1DfKVWHS2OMfOyc7icaAsNqEALw_wcB

I have the moto z.......I like it.....it was on sale when my old phone died.......haven't got one yet but I like the mod feature that allows you to project what's on your screen up to 72".......

Last edited:
When I need a new phone, I go to the Motorola website and order their oldest phone, which is typically something that was released 18 months prior.

I bought a Moto e4 plus several months ago to replace my older Moto that would no longer charge. This latest cost me about $150 and includes upgraded internal memory. Another $20 or so and I have a high capacity SD card.

My old phone camera was good enough to ditch my digital camera for work, report photos. This one's even better.

I have a samsung J7. I think it is in about the same price range as the one you have these days. Maybe a little less since it isn't the latest. I don't love it but I don't hate it. I had used a J4 forever and hated that I was stuck switching to the J7 at the time as the J4 was pretty much perfect for me.

I almost got the J7, but the sales guy said this phone has 8 cores vs 2 cores, and double the resolution.

I almost got the J7, but the sales guy said this phone has 8 cores vs 2 cores, and double the resolution.

I have never said to myself, "If only I had double the resolution on the cellie...." but whatever works for you. Most days I want to smash mine with a hammer I get so sick of people calling it. My ignore list here is exceeded only by my block list on the mobile. :hearnoevil:

I have never said to myself, "If only I had double the resolution on the cellie...." but whatever works for you. Most days I want to smash mine with a hammer I get so sick of people calling it. My ignore list here is exceeded only by my block list on the mobile. :hearnoevil:

Cellie is prison slang for cell mate

Just sayin

:D

the home button stuff is the Android O/S, not the model of phone. The one area Iphones were doing better is standardized buttons allowing App developers to create Apps that just work across a line of hardware.

So unless you lock yourself into an older operating system - you won't find any Android phone that allows you to modify those bottom 3 buttons.

the home button stuff is the Android O/S, not the model of phone. The one area Iphones were doing better is standardized buttons allowing App developers to create Apps that just work across a line of hardware.

So unless you lock yourself into an older operating system - you won't find any Android phone that allows you to modify those bottom 3 buttons.

My LG phones (and the one I just replaced) have had the ability for several years. Just go into settings/display /home button layout.

Back