New Toy! Kimber TLE II 1911 .45ACP

W

WinterBorn

I have been looking at buying an autoloader for a while. I am very impressed so far. Took it to the range today and burned thru an entire box of hollowpoints. Good 3 dot sights and a sweet trigger.

There were a lot of autoloaders out there, but the 1911 impressed me the most. I doubt there is a better example of form, fit & function out there.

Judging by the info I found when researching it, I am not alone in thinking that.

Anyone else shoot much .45 ACP?

I have been looking at buying an autoloader for a while. I am very impressed so far. Took it to the range today and burned thru an entire box of hollowpoints. Good 3 dot sights and a sweet trigger.

There were a lot of autoloaders out there, but the 1911 impressed me the most. I doubt there is a better example of form, fit & function out there.

Judging by the info I found when researching it, I am not alone in thinking that.

Stop there. You have found, IMO, the best .45 ACP made. Best trigger action, doesn't get sloppy from repeated use. Buy it now.

I was impressed with the accuracy and the ease of use.

As a confirmed revolver fan, I was expecting less from this gun. I could put all my shots into the kill zone at 50 yards.

No doubt that is the Cadillac of pistols. If I had one of those though I'd keep it in my safe instead of at-the-ready. To me guns are tools and meant to be available as such.

No doubt that is the Cadillac of pistols. If I had one of those though I'd keep it in my safe instead of at-the-ready. To me guns are tools and meant to be available as such.

You and I finally agree on something.

This gun will not be kept in a safe. I am not retiring my revolver yet, but my Kimber will be carried not stored.

I wouldn't call it a Cadillac. It is still a workhorse and not built for pretty but for deadly.

You and I finally agree on something.

This gun will not be kept in a safe. I am not retiring my revolver yet, but my Kimber will be carried not stored.
Since you're thinking of moving into the 20th and 21st century you should consider a more serviceable weapon with a polymer frame and a trigger mounted safety, such as a Glock or many of it's copy cats. S&W has an excellent "firearm adviser" that will help you decide which is best for you based on anticipated use.

Since you're thinking of moving into the 20th and 21st century you should consider a more serviceable weapon with a polymer frame and a trigger mounted safety, such as a Glock or many of it's copy cats. S&W has an excellent "firearm adviser" that will help you decide which is best for you based on anticipated use.

Actually, I did a good bit of research before I purchased my Kimber.

I bought what the best experts in the world say is the finest combat weapon available.

Actually, I did a good bit of research before I purchased my Kimber.

I bought what the best experts in the world say is the finest combat weapon available.
Several months ago I was at Camp Dona Ana which is part of White Sands and Fort Bliss training grounds. They have an opfor out there like they do at NTC and I would estimate every 3rd officer was carrying the Desert Warrior which looks like this:

kimber-desert-warrior.jpg

Several months ago I was at Camp Dona Ana which is part of White Sands and Fort Bliss training grounds. They have an opfor out there like they do at NTC and I would estimate every 3rd officer was carrying the Desert Warrior which looks like this:

kimber-desert-warrior.jpg

Mine looks a lot like that except a more traditional grip and its stainless.

And I may change the grips on mine. Just to add a touch of my own to it.

Just as a bit of info for you, when they allow special forces to select their own weapons, they almost always go with a 1911 in .45ACP.

Delta Force carries them, as do Marine Force Recon, and several army special forces units. LAPD S.W.A.T., most FBI S.W.A.T. teams, and the FBI Hostage Rescue Team all carry variants of the 1911 .45ACP.

And I would consider all of those to be some of the best experts in firearms that there are.

They had autoloaders in 1911? Wow...

┐(´-`)┌;517882 said:
can you walk and stuff?

I dont' know if that's a rude question but you half brought it up O_O

Yeah about 25% of the time now.

Not rude, hard to tell without asking when dealing over the net.

Back