New Toy! Kimber TLE II 1911 .45ACP

Just as a bit of info for you, when they allow special forces to select their own weapons, they almost always go with a 1911 in .45ACP.

Delta Force carries them, as do Marine Force Recon, and several army special forces units. LAPD S.W.A.T., most FBI S.W.A.T. teams, and the FBI Hostage Rescue Team all carry variants of the 1911 .45ACP.

And I would consider all of those to be some of the best experts in firearms that there are.
I'm sorry I wasn't aware that you were special forces.

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that you were special forces.

Did I claim to be special forces? I was just responding to your post concerning my choice of firearms.

I respect the opinions of experts in some areas. This is one of them.

They had autoloaders in 1911? Wow...

John M. Browning designed his pistol in 1901 or so, and had a couple of modifications between then and when his pistol was adopted by the US Armed forces in 1911.

There were several autoloaders already in production back then. They just weren't the reliable designs that Browning produced.

Its a credit to his genius that the gun he designed 100 years ago is still the choice of professionals today. They also rule the Practical Competitions.

Did I claim to be special forces? I was just responding to your post concerning my choice of firearms.

I respect the opinions of experts in some areas. This is one of them.
At least you can put that old revolver back in the drawer where it belongs.

At least you can put that old revolver back in the drawer where it belongs.

Pack away my .44? Oh hell no! That old girl will still go with me when I am out in the boonies and the woods. An auto won't handle shotshells. That is always the first round in the wheelgun when I am out in the boonies.

Since you were talking about Special Forces I wasn't sure.

Yes you were. You were just trying to be a jerk.

And you claim my larger posts are signs that I am throwing a hissy fit. This is a prime example of why I post so much. I use a simple shorter term for an autoloader, and you respond, not to the post but with a correction about the terminology.

I mentioned the special forces only once, and it was to show that the experts prefer a 1911 over any of the newer guns you recommended with your "when you decide to move into the 21st century" nonsense post.

Now, if you would like to continue the discussion .......

Pack away my .44? Oh hell no! That old girl will still go with me when I am out in the boonies and the woods. The Kimber TLE II 1911A! semiautomatic .45ACP won't handle shotshells. That is always the first round in the wheelgun when I am out in the boonies.

(that should clear up any confusion)

If anyone is interested, the CCI shotshell ammo works great.

I would recommend it for any revolver carried in the woods. It also makes a good first round for home defense.

The .44 shotshell makes short work of rattlesnakes or water mocassins.

Very nice choice. I have a Rock Island .45 that shoots better than I do. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Pack away my .44? Oh hell no! That old girl will still go with me when I am out in the boonies and the woods. The Kimber TLE II 1911A! semiautomatic .45ACP won't handle shotshells. That is always the first round in the wheelgun when I am out in the boonies.

(that should clear up any confusion)

I was just joking with my post. I know nothing about firearms, so I jumped onto the number '1911,' assuming it referred to measurement or ballistics, and not to an actual year...

:cool:

I have a .357 double barrel derringer that works nice with shotshells for snakes and such.

Got it at Herters many years ago when you could still get them mailorder. for 20 some dollars I think.

Great for intimidation, point it at someone and they can see the bullet down the barrel.

Shoots ok, I can hit a 1 foot circle everytime at 50'. Not sure which way the bullet it turned by then though. Not much rifiling in front of it.

I have a .357 double barrel derringer that works nice with shotshells for snakes and such.

Got it at Herters many years ago when you could still get them mailorder. for 20 some dollars I think.

Great for intimidation, point it at someone and they can see the bullet down the barrel.

Shoots ok, I can hit a 1 foot circle everytime at 50'. Not sure which way the bullet it turned by then though. Not much rifiling in front of it.

The shotshell works great for dispatching legless reptiles and for sending hostile canines running for the horizon. That is why I carry a gun in the woods.

I was just joking with my post. I know nothing about firearms, so I jumped onto the number '1911,' assuming it referred to measurement or ballistics, and not to an actual year...

:cool:
In its original configuration it was developed by John M. Browning in 1911, hence the name, and many still today regard the design as the pinnacle of semi-auto pistol design. Many believe that Browning was visited upon by extraterrestrial life and that they gave him the sophisticated design; either that or by God himself.

In its original configuration it was developed by John M. Browning in 1911, hence the name, and many still today regard the design as the pinnacle of semi-auto pistol design. Many believe that Browning was visited upon by extraterrestrial life and that they gave him the sophisticated design; either that or by God himself.

I think Browning died so God could have him teach Him how to design guns so well.

Back