Have you decided?

This is where we are, but it is early:

Foie Gras on toast points with a sauce
Lobster steamed with clarified butter
The best steak on my Weber
Desert.

Each course with its own wine.

Sumthing bubbly at witching hour.

It's always decided. Black eyed peas n ham.

Oh...my bad...;) My sincere apologies to you and your Nacatamale lady...I bet she also makes a mean empanada, though....
Is my Christmas present on the way?

Well, yes and no.

I sent a Donation in Your Name to:

"Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan launches Senate bid
The Democrat and former presidential candidate is his party's first candidate for the seat being vacated by Republican Sen. Rob Portman, who is not seeking re-election."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/ohio-rep-tim-ryan-launches-senate-bid-n1265223

Let's make this the Best Christmas Ever! :)

It's always decided. Black eyed peas n ham.

That is tradition at my house.

Not that I believe they give me good luck- But because I am afraid of all the bad luck I might have if I didn't consume them on New Years Day!

And besides- they are so damn GOOD! Don't forget the Mexican Cornbread!

Well, yes and no.

I sent a Donation in Your Name to:

"Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan launches Senate bid
The Democrat and former presidential candidate is his party's first candidate for the seat being vacated by Republican Sen. Rob Portman, who is not seeking re-election."
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/ohio-rep-tim-ryan-launches-senate-bid-n1265223

Let's make this the Best Christmas Ever! :)
No family picture?;(
But the donation is very thoughtful...it's not in "memory of", is it? ;)

That is tradition at my house.

Not that I believe they give me good luck- But because I am afraid of all the bad luck I might have if I didn't consume them on New Years Day!

And besides- they are so damn GOOD! Don't forget the Mexican Cornbread!
Hoppin' John is traditional, plus collards...Mexican cornbread, though? Jalapenos and cheese?

Hoppin' John is traditional, plus collards...Mexican cornbread, though? Jalapenos and cheese?

I always make what I call Festive Black-Eyed peas for NYE where I flavor them up with ham hocks, with all 4 colors of some Bell Pepper, green onions. lots of Garlic, and loads of Celery. They look as great as they taste!

And yes, I like to use various cheeses and sliced Red Jalapenos into the cornbread mix.

I favor the texture of Fresh Mustard Greens over Collard greens- and thanks for reminding me of how well that goes with Black-Eyed peas!

Also some Candied Yams can't hurt anything either! I use honey, cinnamon, butter, and nutmeg for a real treat!

And for desert- Pineapple upside down cake!

Last edited:
I always make what I call Festive Black-Eyed peas for NYE where I flavor them up ham hocks, with all 4 colors of some Bell Pepper, lots of Garlic, and loads of Celery.

And yes, I like to use various cheeses and sliced Red Jalapenos into the cornbread mix.

I favor the texture of Fresh Mustard Greens over Collard greens- and thanks for reminding me of how well that goes with Black-Eyed peas!

Also some Candied Yams can't hurt anything either! I use honey, cinnamon, butter, and nutmeg for a real treat!

And for desert- Pineapple upside down cake!
Thanks...Enjoy... everything sounds delicious...
(Throw in a couple of smoked turkey pieces sometime with the peas....)

Thanks...Enjoy... everything sounds delicious...
(Throw in a couple of smoked turkey pieces sometime with the peas....)

I've always wondered if those smoked turkey tails or turkey wings would be good in something like Turkey and dumplings or a turkey pot pie!

I've always wondered if those smoked turkey tails or turkey wings would be good in something like Turkey and dumplings or a turkey pot pie!
Save the wings for the beans or greens....or stock...
(But any leftover smoked turkey (including the tail) would be great in dumplings or pot pie...or tetrazzini...or pizza...lol...;))
Smoke your own, though.....the packaged ones are suspect...lol

Save the wings for the beans or greens....or stock...
(But any leftover smoked turkey (including the tail) would be great in dumplings or pot pie...or tetrazzini...or pizza...lol...;))
Smoke your own, though.....the packaged ones are suspect...lol

My favorite Bar-B-Que joint here in my town used to smoke a Turkey you brought to them for 50 cents a lb.

Of course they have one of those famous custom built Herbert Oiler smoking ovens.

I used to let them smoke a turkey or ham for me over the holidays and it was well worth it.

BUT NOW, they want $64.99 plus tax to smoke a customer's 12- 14 lb turkey or $95.99 to smoke their 12- 15 lb. ham!

Inflation sucks- and so does this restaurant for even thinking people would pay that kind of money for that!

My son bought me a smoking oven for the back yard. We use it now!

Spare ribs and blackeye peas, collard greens and cornbread?!!

New-Years-Day-Meal-Made-Easy.jpg

Have you decided?

This is where we are, but it is early:

Foie Gras on toast points with a sauce
Lobster steamed with clarified butter
The best steak on my Weber
Desert.

Each course with its own wine.

Sumthing bubbly at witching hour.
Goose liver on toast? I don't theen so.

Well, yes and no. I sent a Donation in Your Name to: "Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan launches Senate bid The Democrat and former presidential candidate is his party's first candidate for the seat being vacated by Republican Sen. Rob Portman, who is not seeking re-election." Let's make this the Best Christmas Ever!

I wrote your name on a bunch of these and I'm putting them in red kettles all over America.

iu

Back