NewThink: ON families

CIA TOTALITARIANISM

Verified User
Family bonds must be abolished. Family ties cause groups of individuals to give irrational preference and unfair advantage to other members of the group, based on genetic relatedness. This is akin to racism. No individual can be cherished above another, by anyone.

Family bonds must be abolished. Family ties cause groups of individuals to give irrational preference and unfair advantage to other members of the group, based on genetic relatedness. This is akin to racism. No individual can be cherished above another, by anyone.

So, let me get this straight, your mom hates you and suddenly we should all cut our ties to family? Good luck with that cause. Seriously. Good luck.

Do your REALLY beleive that??

Can you find a hole in the logic?
That's a wide question. The only place I totally agree is where inheritance comes in. It is all well and good to give your children a good statr in life, but to give them a silver spoon (Like Paris Hilton) that they don't work for, maybe should be changed. (the same would go for Da Twig.)

However, I do think that "Family ties" are overblown, and somehow illlogical.

Example. I have four children, but they are only the people they are by accident. each one of them could be one of millions of other choices except for the fact of randon choice of the particular sperm and ovum from which they sprang.

But "Family ties, are also Friendship (and loyalty) ties, and rightly so.

That's a wide question. The only place I totally agree is where inheritance comes in. It is all well and good to give your children a good statr in life, but to give them a silver spoon (Like Paris Hilton) that they don't work for, maybe should be changed. (the same would go for Da Twig.)

However, I do think that "Family ties" are overblown, and somehow illlogical.

Example. I have four children, but they are only the people they are by accident. each one of them could be one of millions of other choices except for the fact of randon choice of the particular sperm and ovum from which they sprang.

But "Family ties, are also Friendship (and loyalty) ties, and rightly so.
So who then would you work for? At the end of your life you'd give just a "good start" on life and the rest would go where? Wealth redistribution programs? Or just directly to a nice fat inefficient government? Who will get the fruits of your labor? First you create jobs, help educate other's children through benefit programs, educate my own, and in the process you are able to obtain wealth and for your thanks they take the gains you work for?

And on whose terms would "good start" be judged? Yours?

So who then would you work for? At the end of your life you'd give just a "good start" on life

Yup

and the rest would go where? Wealth redistribution programs? Or just directly to a nice fat inefficient government? Who will get the fruits of your labor?
Your first Item would not ba a bad way to go. Could waylay a lot of starvation problems.

First you create jobs, help educate other's children through benefit programs, educate my own, and in the process you are able to obtain wealth and for your thanks they take the gains you work for?

You can't take it with you. I am not wealthy (in money) but I help a lot of other people who are not family. My present family are all independent, and tho they might appreaciate it, no longer "NEED" my help.

And on whose terms would "good start" be judged? Yours?
First of all, it is my opinion, NOT my terms, however, in answer to the first part, A

good education, trade or professional. a work ethic, and Seed money to get their own enterprise Started- but not enought to allow them to sit on their duffs the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to set up a trust that they can only access after certain requirements have been met, and only for certain specific things up until then.

I can find a big whole in you logic and your being.
You make Jeffery Dahmer look like a cubscout you stalker freak.
Don't kill any more kitty cats.

Can you find a hole in the logic?

Ummm yes.

---------------------------------------------------
Family ties cause groups of individuals to give irrational preference and unfair advantage to other members of the group, based on genetic relatedness.

If you have a child your responsible for raising it. You're not responsible for raising every other persons kid. Unless you're a commie.

This is akin to racism. No individual can be cherished above another, by anyone.

No, this example would be akin to taking responsibility for your actions.

I can find a big whole in you logic and your being.
You make Jeffery Dahmer look like a cubscout you stalker freak.
Don't kill any more kitty cats.
WHAT and WHO are you talking at??? How about a quote/name/indication.

It can be validly argued that family ties are akin to racism, though the argument would be weak, considering we have an innate predisposition to favour those who belong to the same gene grouping but not for one's own race......

Isn't race a "gene grouping"?

Not really, considering the fact that race doesn't really exist. Humans have been interbreeding amongst what some describe as races for so long it is unreasonable to describe any particular race.

You could say that as an Englishman I am Anglo-Saxon, but all Brits are a mix of ancient Celts, Roman and the many people they brought here with their empire, the Vikings, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, The French, Jews, etc etc etc through the ages. There is no such thing as an Englishman beyond those born and resident in England. There is no Anglo-Saxon race, much as the white power people wish there were...

Isn't race a "gene grouping"?

Not really, considering the fact that race doesn't really exist. Humans have been interbreeding amongst what some describe as races for so long it is unreasonable to describe any particular race.

You could say that as an Englishman I am Anglo-Saxon, but all Brits are a mix of ancient Celts, Roman and the many people they brought here with their empire, the Vikings, the Angles, Saxons and Jutes, The French, Jews, etc etc etc through the ages. There is no such thing as an Englishman beyond those born and resident in England. There is no Anglo-Saxon race, much as the white power people wish there were...

But in the real world, there is race, and it's so real we have to check which RACE we ARE on government and corporate forms. Then the information is used to make decisions about our future. I'll let go of the fantasy when the race obsessed fascists in control do.

Back