NFL Draft

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Alex Green may be the steal of the NFL Draft. He's a RB for Hawaii and he put up some impressive numbers at the combine (4.45 40 at 225 lbs!).

He rushed for 1200 yards last season in Hawaii's pass oriented offense with only 145 carries (to put that in perspective that's about half the carries Mark Ingraham had in 09) and an average of over 8 yards per carry which lead the nation. He also gained about 350 yards passing yards for a 13 yard per catch avg. Pretty damned good avg for a RB. I'm thinking this guy may be a second round steal.

Alex Green may be the steal of the NFL Draft. He's a RB for Hawaii and he put up some impressive numbers at the combine (4.45 40 at 225 lbs!).

He rushed for 1200 yards last season in Hawaii's pass oriented offense with only 145 carries (to put that in perspective that's about half the carries Mark Ingraham had in 09) and an average of over 8 yards per carry which lead the nation. He also gained about 350 yards passing yards for a 13 yard per catch avg. Pretty damned good avg for a RB. I'm thinking this guy may be a second round steal.

I agree with you that he is gonna be a steal in the draft. The guy looks great. Although the comparison to Ingram might not be the most accurate, considering the differences in their competition.

WOW!

I didn't know.

I'm hoping my Bengals don't take a QB with their first pick though Glabbert would sure fit in with their history of flops. I think Glabbert will be a good QB, just not a great one. Cam Newton would fit in with the questions on his character but the Bengals only go after guys like that when their bargain shopping, so scratch Cam. Ryan Mallet has the best arm of the top 4 QB but his athleticism and decision making ability are questionable. He reminds me a lot of Jeff George. I'd take him with a low first or second round pick....not the 4th over all. Then there's Jake Locker. He's a mystery to me. He just doesn't have the passing accuracy to be succesful in the NFL with out stark improvement, he's a fine athlete and has potential but again, a 4th over all pick in the draft? I don't think so. If Palmer goes through with his threat to retire the Bengals are screwed cause there's no one on the Free agent market of his calibre and the top 4 QB's in the draft don't even come close. I think they should go for the best available athlete and hope to get one of those 4 QB's with their second pick. I'm reasonably sure that all 4 of these QB's won't be drafted in the 1st round.

I'm hoping my Bengals don't take a QB with their first pick though Glabbert would sure fit in with their history of flops. I think Glabbert will be a good QB, just not a great one. Cam Newton would fit in with the questions on his character but the Bengals only go after guys like that when their bargain shopping, so scratch Cam. Ryan Mallet has the best arm of the top 4 QB but his athleticism and decision making ability are questionable. He reminds me a lot of Jeff George. I'd take him with a low first or second round pick....not the 4th over all. Then there's Jake Locker. He's a mystery to me. He just doesn't have the passing accuracy to be succesful in the NFL with out stark improvement, he's a fine athlete and has potential but again, a 4th over all pick in the draft? I don't think so. If Palmer goes through with his threat to retire the Bengals are screwed cause there's no one on the Free agent market of his calibre and the top 4 QB's in the draft don't even come close. I think they should go for the best available athlete and hope to get one of those 4 QB's with their second pick. I'm reasonably sure that all 4 of these QB's won't be drafted in the 1st round.

I hope we can just play.

I also think the Texans will do much better this year (if they play) with Wade in charge of the D.

None of the QBs in the draft are clear top picks. I think Mallet has the best potential or the best skill set. With good coaching he could do very well. That said, I wouldn't waste a top pick on any of them. Use it to grab some of the excellent defensive players on the table.

I'd love to wind up with the Auburn kid.

Farley? He is an excellent player, but I have read that his work ethic isn't great. Not only for the colors Dareus wore, but I think both Marcell Dareus and Aldon Smith would be better picks.

I don't know those guys, what I do know is he dominated the SEC like Glenn Dorsey did and he looks nearly as good as Sue.
He'll be long gone when the Saints pic, maybe we can get one of the two you mentioned or a real good OLB.

Of course there will be football, nice joke junior.

there are only $9,000,000,000 reasons to have football nfl style. Beside the saints second super bowl win.

I am PRAYING Patrick Peterson falls to the 49ers at #7. I doubt it will happen though because someone will probably trade up for him if he is still available.

Back