NFL Draft

Canceled.2014.1

It looks as though this is the year for drafting beef.

I think the first 10 picks had at least 3 that go over 300 lbs and several that were in the 280 to 295 range. Not a single RB drafted, but numerous O linemen taken.

It looks as though this is the year for drafting beef.

I think the first 10 picks had at least 3 that go over 300 lbs and several that were in the 280 to 295 range. Not a single RB drafted, but numerous O linemen taken.
Times have changed. Are you going to spend top end money for a player who's going to get 15 reps a game? RB's are just not as valuable to an offense as they have been in the past. Back when I was a kid during any given game about 2/3rds of the plays called were running plays and about 1/3 passing. Now it's the opposite.

Seahawks ran the ball 55% of the time last season, according to ESPN. And our QB still tied Peyton's rookie pass TD record. Fuck yeah, 2013 season!

I think CIN, BAL, and MIN (with its 3 picks) did great in R1. Texans also did great adding an elite WR alongside Andre.

Of course, I might be a bit biased toward Cincy's pick. :D

I don't care if my Jags picked the jolly green giant, they need more help than one guy.

How about a real coach, quarterback...fuck it...team!

Despite the Ravens decade long league dominance at defense, the Steelers are historically an elite D team with a big focus on the ground game as well (much like Da Bears).

Despite the Ravens decade long league dominance at defense, the Steelers are historically an elite D team with a big focus on the ground game as well (much like Da Bears).

See, that's my issue with Jarvis. He's quick and has a good pass rush, but I'm concerned that he's not stout enough to take on run blocks.

I think CIN, BAL, and MIN (with its 3 picks) did great in R1. Texans also did great adding an elite WR alongside Andre.

Of course, I might be a bit biased toward Cincy's pick. :D
LOL I was like "WTF" at first. I mean we all ready have a all pro tight end but the more I looked at Eifert the more I like what I see. This will make Cincinnati's offense explosive. Eifert can play tight, go over the middle, block, catch the ball in a crowd and he can move wide and has the speed and agility to be an affective reciever. With Hawkins and Shunu that takes a lot of pressure off of Green.

Then with the addition of Gio Bernard (and I'm glad the Bengals took him over Lacy....no disrespect to Lacy but he's a clone of Green-Ellis so the Bengals didn't really need a straight ahead power rusher) who's a threat to go all the way any time he touches the ball the Bengals offense just got a whole lot more dynamic.

But the Bengals may have the steal of the draft this year with Margus Hunt. This guy is an amazing athlete very much like Michael Johnson. Our DLine is probably the deepest in the NFL.

So far it looks like a very solid draft for the Bengals.

I honestly think Eifert's a bigger deal than Manti. Of course, TE is my favorite position after QB, but Tyler stands to do far more than anyone else out of South Bend since Brown arrived in Oakland. Manti's real impact may really just come down to putting a scary hit on Peyton. :D

I would actually consider drafting Eifert for my Fantasy TE. Also, he probably gets more pussy than Te'o.

Some of the best non-draft related teams have been Detroit (Bush), GB (can't remember, but they took someone big), and of course Denver.

Also, the Bills have also been hammering good draft picks.

I hope Pete Carroll has been peaking underdogs again this year, because Seattle has a ton of picks in rounds 4-7, after no 1st round and one each in 2-3.

The Jacksonville rumourmill is over, I think. Perhaps a team with QB problems that fears injury to their starter will pick him up. Or the Jets can try turning him into that TE we've heard he should become.

The Jacksonville rumourmill is over, I think. Perhaps a team with QB problems that fears injury to their starter will pick him up. Or the Jets can try turning him into that TE we've heard he should become.

Yeah. Our new coach doesn't want him and says he won't bring in a big name QB. So we're stuck with Garrard or Henne. Maybe the new OT will keep them from being splattered.

The SEC had 63 players drafted. The previous record for a single conference was 55. The ACC came in second with 31. Hell, the SEC West had 32 players drafted.

I am so looking forward to the 2013 season!!

Nothing to see from the Browns, Mingo, trade for Davone Bess and McFadden from Brian Sipe at San Diego St.

Browns have a lot of good pieces, it's just putting them all together. My friends and I are getting old but we agree none of us will die until the Browns get to the Super Bowl. We might have to live forever.

Back