NFL Draft

Nothing to see from the Browns, Mingo, trade for Davone Bess and McFadden from Brian Sipe at San Diego St.

Browns have a lot of good pieces, it's just putting them all together. My friends and I are getting old but we agree none of us will die until the Browns get to the Super Bowl. We might have to live forever.

The problem with the Browns is that their coach and GM were doing a phenominal job getting something started. Then new ownership swoops in and fires them, and implements it's own people into those positions. Talk about retarded and short-sighted!!

The problem with the Browns is that their coach and GM were doing a phenominal job getting something started. Then new ownership swoops in and fires them, and implements it's own people into those positions. Talk about retarded and short-sighted!!

Like that doesn't happen all the time when ownership changes.

Yes, but it's harder for a team like the Browns to overcome. Look what happened during the dreaded theft where the Browns were sold out to Baltimore. On year three, they won the Super Bowl!

The DeAndre pick was brilliant. Now the Texans have two excellent WR's for Schaub to target, so the defense can't just place all of their blockers on one guy. Add in the fact that Houston has decent TEs, and you have a much improved passing game.

The DeAndre pick was brilliant. Now the Texans have two excellent WR's for Schaub to target, so the defense can't just place all of their blockers on one guy. Add in the fact that Houston has decent TEs, and you have a much improved passing game.
Shaub can't get a break down there. When I was in Houston I didn't hear anyone with a single good thing to say about the guy even when I reminded them that the Texans had been consistant losers prior to his taking over as QB. The guys done everything but win the Super Bowl. It's the same bullshit when the Oilers was there. Bum Phillips never had a losing season, consistantly made the playoffs, but was fired cause he didn't win the super bowl.

It's freaken weird that the Texans opponents have a higher opinion of Schaub then their own fans do.

There's a lot of great QBs in the league right now, and some who are really good. I kind of view Schaub as similar to Alex Smith - neither is "great," but both can make things happen and elevate their teams. Give Schaub a competent offense to work with, as he now has, and he's only going to take Houston further.

Hell, Joe Flacco isn't great, but he outperformed both Manning and Brady in the play-offs, because he finally found the playmaker within himself in the latter part of the season.

Back