NFL Mock Draft

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
Yea...I know....I'm not supposed to be supporting my team till they get rid of Mike Brown but here's my mock draft picks for the Bengals.

#1. AJ Green, WR GA
#2. Mike Poncey, OG UF
#3. Greg Jones, ILB MSU
#4. Jarrad Tarrant, FS GA Tech
#5. John Moffit, OG Wisc
#6. Noel Devine, RB WV
#7. Mike Mohamed, ILB Cal

Yea...I know....I'm not supposed to be supporting my team till they get rid of Mike Brown but here's my mock draft picks for the Bengals.

#1. AJ Green, WR GA
#2. Mike Poncey, OG UF
#3. Greg Jones, ILB MSU
#4. Jarrad Tarrant, FS GA Tech
#5. John Moffit, OG Wisc
#6. Noel Devine, RB WV
#7. Mike Mohamed, ILB Cal

Good list. AJ Green will make the defenses focus on him and he'll still put up good numbers.

Not sure about Noel Devine though.

Good list. AJ Green will make the defenses focus on him and he'll still put up good numbers.

Not sure about Noel Devine though.

Yea, I had misgivings about him too but when I look at him, he's small but built like a fire hydrant and with his speed he's certainly an offensive weapon and he has James Brooks level of speed and elusiveness. With 4.3 speed if he's still available in the 6th round I say take him. He won't be an every down back but with his speed and hands and his ability to take it all the way on any one play....I think it's worth the gamble.

Yea, I had misgivings about him too but when I look at him, he's small but built like a fire hydrant and with his speed he's certainly an offensive weapon and he has James Brooks level of speed and elusiveness. With 4.3 speed if he's still available in the 6th round I say take him. He won't be an every down back but with his speed and hands and his ability to take it all the way on any one play....I think it's worth the gamble.

He is definitally dangerous. I just worry about his durability in the pros. But if he is still there by the 6th round, yeah grab him.

Bengal fan please ask Lions fan about drafting WR in round 1.

You mean Calvin Johnson? He went to the Pro Bowl twice and has just finished his second 1,000+ yard, 12 TD season.

I think the Bengals would take that sort of performance from Green.

I mean if you want to be the lions ie. never in the playoffs.
Shitty teams need bad mutha fuckers on the line first.
Bengals have a bunch of momma's boys.

I mean if you want to be the lions ie. never in the playoffs.
Shitty teams need bad mutha fuckers on the line first.
Bengals have a bunch of momma's boys.

Having a great O line is critical. But you also need skill players to score.
If you'll notice, Mott listed 2 of the top OGs in the draft this year.

Pouncey is a beast.

I'd go OL/DL if I were as shitty as the bengals. I'd love to have AJ green, but not at the expense of having a real OLB or saftey.

I'd go OL/DL if I were as shitty as the bengals. I'd love to have AJ green, but not at the expense of having a real OLB or saftey.

His list of players to draft includes 2 O linemen, 2 Linebackers, and a Safety. Only the WR & RB are offensive skill players.

whatever, you want to pick flyshit out of the pepper go ahead.
If I were them, or the saints OL/DL - LB first and second round.

RB & WR are actually more commonly successful in later rounds
We got Coston in the last round, Denvers stud that got them over the superbowl humb was a 6th rounder.

We got Coston in the last round, Denvers stud that got them over the superbowl humb was a 6th rounder.

A receiver like Green can make a huge difference. Look at what Randy Moss has done.

I'm not picking anything out of anywhere. The Bengals need everything.

Bengal fan please ask Lions fan about drafting WR in round 1.

or QB or RB or DE. We've drafted all three with the #1 pick over all and gone bust with them. One thing is for sure. The Bengals will not invest the resources in scouting and evaluating college talent prior to the draft that the other NFL teams do. So my expectations are not very high. AJ Green is quite a talent but a 4th over all pick talent? He may be trade bait. I don't think Green is worth the money they'll have to pay a 4th over all pick. I'd trade him for Peterson out of LSU in a heart beat.

exactly, with Peterson you get a Revis like potential.
We screwed up big time picking bush #4
Big ass O linemen like Wiscons breads are the way to go, them and the Dlinemen LSU/sec puts out. Auburns D lineman is as close as can't miss can get.

OT and DE are the Bungles two biggest needs but if the talent isn't available when you draft you go for the best available athletes. There are only 3 athletes in the draft that are worth paying the price for a top 4 pick and maybe Green. If we could get Bowers I'd say go for it. If Peterson is available I say take him cause he's the best player in the draft but none of those guy are available and the Bengals to need a WR and Green is the best on in the draft and he would be the best athlete in the board. My guess Peterson, Bowers and Fairly will be gone by the time the Bengals pick. If that's the case, take Green. If one of those are available take them. My preference for the first round are Peterson, Bower, Fairly and Green in that order. Green will be the one most likely available to us.

That could all be changed if Palmer goes, in which case I'd say trade down for a 1st and 2nd round pick and take the QB from Arkansas and a DE like Heyward if he's available.

His list of players to draft includes 2 O linemen, 2 Linebackers, and a Safety. Only the WR & RB are offensive skill players.
Yea the Bengals biggest needs are OL, DE, ILB, Safety and WR in that order. That can all change based on free agency but that's how is stands as of now. I chose my picks on the combination of best available athlete and need. Having said that PB (not to be confused with his half wit son) if a particular athlete stood out from the others available he would always go with who he thought was the best athlete.

Well I dunno about you topper but if you need an OT and it's your turn to draft and only the 10 best OT is available but the 2nd best WR in the draft is available....I'm going for the WR regardless of need. Always go for the BAA! Besides, Linemen, both on defense and offense are the easiest athletes to find. There only so many guys out there with 4.3 speed and the athleticism to boot. You can almost always find a top notch OL/DL in the late rounds and LB/Saf in the mid rounds. QB/CB/WR/RB the top ones are almost always gone in the early rounds.

Well I dunno about you topper but if you need an OT and it's your turn to draft and only the 10 best OT is available but the 2nd best WR in the draft is available....I'm going for the WR regardless of need. Always go for the BAA! Besides, Linemen, both on defense and offense are the easiest athletes to find. There only so many guys out there with 4.3 speed and the athleticism to boot. You can almost always find a top notch OL/DL in the late rounds and LB/Saf in the mid rounds. QB/CB/WR/RB the top ones are almost always gone in the early rounds.

If Green is gone, Julio Jones is just a notch down and able to do more across the middle.

Back