No More Missions!

/MSG/

Uwaa OmO
I'm off the road! Turned in my ammo and side SAPI's today. Now all I do is wait to go home in 12 more days.

I never said it wasnt working, only that us being here is counter-intuitive to our overall goals. And whats wrong with sleep? Like I said it makes time pass faster, hence I do it often out here. Back in the rear however, sleep is a rare thing for me.

And it should be...........

I never said it wasnt working, only that us being here is counter-intuitive to our overall goals. And whats wrong with sleep? Like I said it makes time pass faster, hence I do it often out here. Back in the rear however, sleep is a rare thing for me.

Sleep in country in a combat zone is a rare experience...however as damo pointed out ya sure get more than your fair share...unless the incidents as reported by msm are false...whatever or whichever..please bring us up to speed!

Most of what you see on the news occurs in Baghdad, or Falluhjia(sp). Over there sleep is reare and attacks are not. Out here in the Anbar province however most insurgents are being pushed north towards Rawha and Haditha. Personally I'm glad I've had such a boring deployment, the reverse could have been far worse physically and mentally.

Most of what you see on the news occurs in Baghdad, or Falluhjia(sp). Over there sleep is reare and attacks are not. Out here in the Anbar province however most insurgents are being pushed north towards Rawha and Haditha. Personally I'm glad I've had such a boring deployment, the reverse could have been far worse physically and mentally.

So you are saying the surge is working...only half way there?

the surge is working around baghdad, however out int the sticks deaths (Iraqi) from insurgent attacks are nearly 200% of what they were this time last year.
As I and others predicted we just pushed them elsewhewre.

Last edited:
Iraq Body Count Running at Double Pace

Aug 25, 4:44 PM (ET)

By STEVEN R. HURST

BAGHDAD (AP) - This year's U.S. troop buildup has succeeded in bringing violence in Baghdad down from peak levels, but the death toll from sectarian attacks around the country is running nearly double the pace from a year ago.

Some of the recent bloodshed appears the result of militant fighters drifting into parts of northern Iraq, where they have fled after U.S.-led offensives. Baghdad, however, still accounts for slightly more than half of all war-related killings - the same percentage as a year ago, according to figures compiled by The Associated Press.

The tallies and trends offer a sobering snapshot after an additional 30,000 U.S. troops began campaigns in February to regain control of the Baghdad area. It also highlights one of the major themes expected in next month's Iraq progress report to Congress: some military headway, but extremist factions are far from broken.

In street-level terms, it means life for average Iraqis appears to be even more perilous and unpredictable.

The AP tracking includes Iraqi civilians, government officials, police and security forces killed in attacks such as gunfights and bombings, which are frequently blamed on Sunni suicide strikes. It also includes execution-style killings - largely the work of Shiite death squads.

The figures are considered a minimum based on AP reporting. The actual numbers are likely higher, as many killings go unreported or uncounted. Insurgent deaths are not a part of the Iraqi count.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070825/D8R899UG0.html

I'm pleased as well. Plus it gave us your insight for the site. I find it refreshing to hear from somebody that is actually there.

LOL...........

I'm pleased as well. Plus it gave us your insight for the site. I find it refreshing to hear from somebody that is actually there.

uhhh damo this came from the kid who sleeps alot..way too much MJ or whatever...he even said it is working..he just wantts a out...can't blame him been there done that...but hey it is working...prove me or him wrong or right!

uhhh damo this came from the kid who sleeps alot..way too much MJ or whatever...he even said it is working..he just wantts a out...can't blame him been there done that...but hey it is working...prove me or him wrong or right!
Does that mean I should not be pleased he is a member of the board? Please explain.

Back