No, Not Pete.

If you ever saw Pete get a walk that would answer your question.
I did many many many times and never once did I ever think he respects the hell out of me. If he actually did he wouldn't have bet on baseball or at least not on games he had influence over. Lets keep things in perspective. Dying doesnt make someone a saint. He was one hell of a fucking baseball player. No doubt about it but he didn't respect the game or the fans.

Ah, I see. So what you’re saying is two wrongs make a right?
No not at All. Try to keep up. Joe Jackson was GREAT baseball player. Rose was a very good one. Joe played his ass off in the 1919 world series which means he either wasnt involved with the fix didn't exactly understand what he was supposed. Rose was caught gambling no questions asked. If the GREAT joe Jackson isn't it the hall of fame, rose has no fucking business being there.

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in The Nati. Charlie Hustle made his final out.
As a kid I was a big baseball card collector and we went to a show at the Cow Palace and Rose was there signing autographs.

Can’t remember what I paid for it but it was awesome being next to him. (I do remember he didn’t look at a sole. He was like “Fvxk you, I’m here to get paid - don’t say anything to me”.).

But he was Charlie Hustle so still loved it.

R.I.P., Pete.

Now you are going to get your spot in the Baseball Hall of Fame. May still take a small while, but if anyone deserves to be there...you do.
I always regarded Pete Rose to be a classless vulgarian, sort of like a poor man's Trump.
I used to want subtitles whenever he was interviewed on television.

But that's entirely on me.
I never had patience for people like that.

With more than 4200 hits, of course he belonged in the Hall of Fame.
It was ludicrous to keep him out.

No point in inducting him now, though.
He'll never know about it.

As a kid I was a big baseball card collector and we went to a show at the Cow Palace and Rose was there signing autographs.

Can’t remember what I paid for it but it was awesome being next to him. (I do remember he didn’t look at a sole. He was like “Fvxk you, I’m here to get paid - don’t say anything to me”.).

But he was Charlie Hustle so still loved it.
I’ve been to some of those sports memrobelia autograph shows and a lot of the old stars are that way. I mean it is a job. You’ve got a super long line and about 5 seconds per person. That’s it.

You might get a kick out of this. Ferguson Jenkins was staying at the hotel my wife manages. He just walked up and started talking to her and she had no idea who he was but she’s always the friendly approachable type and she talked to her for a minute about a problem with his room which she quickly sent a person to fix. The next morning when he was checking out he approached her and thanked her for fixing the problem quickly and he gave her an autographed baseball. She still has no idea who Fergie is but thanks him for the gift and he leaves.

She put the ball away and forgets about it until quitting time. On the way home she calls me and asks me if I’ve ever heard of Fergie Jenkins? I’m like “Yea, he was a HoF pitcher for the Cubs.”

She was like”Oh…he was a guest at the hotel and gave me an autographed baseball.”.

Hell I was more excited than she was.

I’ve been to some of those sports memrobelia autograph shows and a lot of the old stars are that way. I mean it is a job. You’ve got a super long line and about 5 seconds per person. That’s it.

You might get a kick out of this. Ferguson Jenkins was staying at the hotel my wife manages. He just walked up and started talking to her and she had no idea who he was but she’s always the friendly approachable type and she talked to her for a minute about a problem with his room which she quickly sent a person to fix. The next morning when he was checking out he approached her and thanked her for fixing the problem quickly and he gave her an autographed baseball. She still has no idea who Fergie is but thanks him for the gift and he leaves.

She put the ball away and forgets about it until quitting time. On the way home she calls me and asks me if I’ve ever heard of Fergie Jenkins? I’m like “Yea, he was a HoF pitcher for the Cubs.”

She was like”Oh…he was a guest at the hotel and gave me an autographed baseball.”.

Ha! How funny, that’s great!

You got me thinking, somewhere hidden away in a box I have a picture of a 13 year old me and Rose signing my ball. The guy I went to this event with was an incredible artist and he drew some amazing pictures of Rose (he brought them for Rose to sign) and now that I think about Rose actually looked up and acknowledged him (because they were so good).

Back