No taxation without representation

i think what congress does affects the citizens of DC just as much as any other citizen in the usa.... and it seems wrong....way wrong that they do not have representation, or a ''vote'' in congress...

congress will never make DC a state, because they would lose their ''rule'' over the town... shoot, they have their own police, that answer to them...

btw puerto rico DOES NOT PAY USA federal income tax....nor do our other territories... this is why they keep voting down, becoming one of our states from what i recall....

but DC citizens do.... thus, taxation without representation...

huh, dc does not pay federal income tax???? yes they do...don't they...???

ok, this is what i get for coming into the thread w/o reading it or reading it backwards....

i am confused? they pay income tax, no?

ohhhhh, ok, a state tax they don't have....

There are several states I know of that don't have a state income tax. Whether or not you have a state income tax, or not, is irrelevant to whether you, as an american citizen, should have representation in congress.

And yes Care, DC residents pay federal taxes.

ohhhhh, ok, a state tax they don't have....

DC residents do pay federal income tax. There is also a city income tax, though. Unfortunately, like just about everything else in the city of DC, its administration is abominable and shockingly incompetent.

Back