Notice how Kiev is now called Kyiv

Do they actually call it Czechia? That's sorta weird.

They did start calling themselves that a few years ago, and a lot of modern maps will use that name.

My two cents: they should have gone with their name from the Middle Ages: Bohemia. That name just sounds like a place with awesome beer!

They did start calling themselves that a few years ago, and a lot of modern maps will use that name.

My two cents: they should have gone with their name from the Middle Ages: Bohemia. That name just sounds like a place with awesome beer!

I didn't know that, for some reason thought Bohemia was German.

Fun fact: Sherlock Holmes story A Scandal in Bohemia introduces the character of Irene Adler, the only woman who ever out-Holmsed Holmes!

I didn't know that, for some reason thought Bohemia was German.

Fun fact: Sherlock Holmes story A Scandal in Bohemia introduces the character of Irene Adler, the only woman who ever out-Holmsed Holmes!
Nice work, Irene Adler!

I think Prague was the heartland and crown jewel of Medieval Bohemia.

Dressed to Kill was my favorite of the Rathbone films! The hot and lustful "Stinky" and the ice-cold Mrs. Courtney. :D

She had one of my favorite lines: "Praise from a master is indeed gratifying."

That was our favourite in my family, as well. We used to argue against Britain joining the eurosystem on the basis that Holmes risked his life to secure those Bank of England plates.

Back