Now I get it.

tinfoil

Banned
Growing up in the eighties I was exposed to tons of people who loved Pink Floyd. I just never understood what was so great about the band. Well, the other day I heard a song on the radio and I was gobsmacked to learn it was Pink Floyd. In an instant I wished to have my teen years back so I could have enjoyed this song to point where I could no longer listen to it, like so many songs I've had to put on the no-listen list.

Syd Barret Pink Floyd is kind of different than other Pink Floyd. I personally prefer stuff from the Syd Barret period - he was a lot better at writing lyrics, for instance.

Growing up in the eighties I was exposed to tons of people who loved Pink Floyd. I just never understood what was so great about the band. Well, the other day I heard a song on the radio and I was gobsmacked to learn it was Pink Floyd. In an instant I wished to have my teen years back so I could have enjoyed this song to point where I could no longer listen to it, like so many songs I've had to put on the no-listen list.

teenagers are idiots. when you were young kids liked pink floyd because of another brick in the wall, with the emo anthem of how being different is amazing, and how schools are slaughter factories. celebrated faggotry.

I spent my teens listening to Dark Side of the Moon. Killer album.

Pink Floyd has been my favorite band since I was about 13. Simply incredible stuff. My favorite current band is Tool, which is basically Pink Floyd on Heavy Metal...

Syd Barret Pink Floyd is kind of different than other Pink Floyd. I personally prefer stuff from the Syd Barret period - he was a lot better at writing lyrics, for instance.

All three of the major periods are underlined by the lyrics writers, Syd Barret, then Roger Waters, and finally David Gilmore. All three were incredible for different reasons. And the Roger Waters period would not have been nearly as successful without the Guitar of David Gilmore... Somebody had to take over when Syd went to the nuthouse. Shine on You Crazy Diamond...

Big difference between Pink Floyd and their Syd Barrett days and their Roger Water days.

How can you say that? Roger Waters is one of the most succesfull song writers in rock history. EVER! He's right up there with McCartney, Lennon, Simon and Springsteen. No one had hardly ever heard of the band when Barrett was writting the songs.

How can you say that? Roger Waters is one of the most succesfull song writers in rock history. EVER! He's right up there with McCartney, Lennon, Simon and Springsteen. No one had hardly ever heard of the band when Barrett was writting the songs.

I agree. Waters was a key player in one of the most successful albums of all time.

teenagers are idiots. when you were young kids liked pink floyd because of another brick in the wall, with the emo anthem of how being different is amazing, and how schools are slaughter factories. celebrated faggotry.
Maybe when you were a kid in school. When I was in School Floyd was revolutionary. Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here and Animals showed that rock music could be serious music and there had been nothing, not even Tommy, that came close to their level of craftsmanship and art. If all you know about Floyd is one stupid line from Another Brick in The Wall; Part Three, then you got some serious catching up to do. Might I suggest listening to "Live at Pompey".

Here's Nick Mason at his finest. One of the best drum solos ever. (keep in mind that this was recorded live with early 70's technology)

Last edited:
Back