OBama pledges out of Iraq by yr end 08

well since we are there we may as well complete our fortress and move the Saudi arabia base to Iraq. but no more street soldiers..

Right.............!

Obama he be the man...lotsa experience to draw from...in his dreams...he won't be the next President so all this is just rhetoric...'I have a Dream'..lol

Every Gen. that I've heard speak on the topic says that it will take at least a year to get out when the drawback starts. Considering he wouldn't be Commander in Chief until 2009, if he won, how does he propose to make this happen?

The more and more I hear from Obama the less ready for the office I belive he is.

This is an amitureish move on his part. I would not want a president who would pledge anything like this, who knows what can change between now and the end of 08'. Had he said, I would like to have em out by the end of 08' I would have been okay with that.

This stunt might help the guy with the masses, but I dont like it. The more and more I think about it, the more it looks to me like he is running for VP. One of the complaints about Senator Clinton is that she is not willing to make statements like this about the Iraq war... Obama on the ticket would ballance this out!

Not a PLEDGE you idiot! He called for it, not a Pledge that he would do it. I take back my negative comments about Obama.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama on Wednesday called for completing a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq by the end of 2008 and said if elected president he would start an effort to help Iraqis bridge sectarian differences.

"I am here to say that we have to begin to end this war now," the Illinois senator said in excerpts from a speech he was to deliver later in Iowa. The excerpts were released by his presidential campaign."

Not a PLEDGE you idiot! He called for it, not a Pledge that he would do it. I take back my negative comments about Obama.

LMAO!

You actually just believed him? With as many liars there are in politics, NEVER believe anything someone tells you without checking it out for yourself. Thats the kind of shit that got us in trouble in the first place with Iraq.

How can he pledge having us out by end of 2008 when he won't be in office until 2009? That was the first tell right there that this wasn't what he said.

I thought Aburn people were stupid, you proved it.:clink:

By calling you out and showing that Obama made no such pledge?

Nice conservative tactict... Have your lie pointed out and start calling people stupid.

LMAO!

You actually just believed him? With as many liars there are in politics, NEVER believe anything someone tells you without checking it out for yourself. Thats the kind of shit that got us in trouble in the first place with Iraq.

How can he pledge having us out by end of 2008 when he won't be in office until 2009? That was the first tell right there that this wasn't what he said.

I was suprised, but thats why I asked for a cite. I see now it was clearly not what Top said it was. Ill consider him much less creditable in the future.

The more and more I hear from Obama the less ready for the office I belive he is.

This is an amitureish move on his part. I would not want a president who would pledge anything like this, who knows what can change between now and the end of 08'. Had he said, I would like to have em out by the end of 08' I would have been okay with that.

This stunt might help the guy with the masses, but I dont like it. The more and more I think about it, the more it looks to me like he is running for VP. One of the complaints about Senator Clinton is that she is not willing to make statements like this about the Iraq war... Obama on the ticket would ballance this out!

Really? I'm all about anyone who will cut our losses and get us out of there ASAP. I think it was a great move and he's definitely upped the ante on the campaign rhetoric. Very few of the current contenders have been willing to do the unpopular and talk about a withdrawal. If anything pledge or not, I definitely support the one who will get us out of there the fastest. This routine of, "give me a couple of more months" is getting tired and old.

The sooner we get out, the sooner they will have their inevitable civil war and the sooner things can get back to normal.

Really? I'm all about anyone who will cut our losses and get us out of there ASAP. I think it was a great move and he's definitely upped the ante on the campaign rhetoric. Very few of the current contenders have been willing to do the unpopular and talk about a withdrawal. If anything pledge or not, I definitely support the one who will get us out of there the fastest. This routine of, "give me a couple of more months" is getting tired and old.

Well he never did make such a pledge so what I said is not relevant. But to make such a pledge is illresponsable, in my opinion.

Back